The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC's Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution's humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. The ICRC office in Dar-es-Salaam is seeking for an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill then position of:
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collecting/controlling supporting documentation and required authorizations before payments;
Preparing and Follow up on payments;
Making booking of entries in accounting software and performing monthly closure;
Ensuring taxes and statutory Payments follow-up;
Ensuring follow-up of telephone bills and· private use of vehicles;
Proper filing and archiving of all accounting documents;
Performing suppliers' reconciliations;
Preparing the replies to monthly audit comments, quarterly balance confirmations and yearly accrual files;
Maintains appropriate confidentiality in the treatment of financial information;
Supports the Finance and Administration Manager in the monitoring of expenses and preparation of the budget by preparing extracts of accounting and making statistics.
Degree I Advance Diploma in Accounting or related field
Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar function (experience in a similar organization Is an asset);
Excellent command of English;
Excellent computer skills (Excel in particular) and knowledge of one accounting software is an asset.
Interested and qualified persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the Human Resource Office on the address below, before 14th August, 2016. Please include; updated Curriculum Vitae, current & expected salary and contact details of three referees.
(Indicate the position title on the subject line).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: The Guardian 1 August, 2016
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE;
1. Cluster Health and Nutrition Specialist- Nzega at World Vision Tanzania
2. Gender, Advocacy & Campaign Coordinator- Dar es Salaam at World Vision Tanzania
3. Warehouse Supervisor- Kibondo Kigoma at World Vision
4. Gender and Advocacy Coordinator- Arusha at World Vision Tanzania
5. Health and Nutrition Officer- Babati Cluster at World Vision Tanzania
6. Project Facilitator - Agronomist- Babati Cluster at World Vision Tanzania
7. Project Facilitator – Rural Micro-financing- Babati Cluster at World Vision Tanzania
8. Nutrition Facilitator - Arusha at World Vision Tanzania
9. Senior Manager Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning at World Vision Tanzania
10. Project Management Specialist – Facility Based Care at The US Embassy (Re-advertised)
11. Automotive Mechanic at The US Embassy (Re-Advertised)
12. Information Management Assistant at The US Embassy
13. Finance & Support Services Officer – 2 year fixed term contract at Sightsavers
14. NTD Programme Manager – 2 year fixed term contract at Sightsavers
15. Project Coordinator – 2 year fixed term contract at Sightsavers
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.