From The Guardian, 18th July 2016
The Private Forestry Programme (PFP) is a bilateral initiative between the Governments of Finland and Tanzania. The Programme increases income in the Southern Highlands through science-based private plantation forestry, and by strengthening forest industries.
PFP wishes to recruit a TGA Business Development Advisor, Forestry and Wood Industries Training Centre Manager, Forest and Wood Industries Training Coordinator, Nursery manager, and a Junior Professional Officer.
These positions are as detailed below:
4: Nursery Advisor
Duty station: Southern Highlands of Tanzania.
Duration: Up to 31 December 2017 initially
The specific tasks of the successful candidate will include the following:
1. Supervise the timely production of high quality tree seedlings through contracted nurseries Establish and manage medium size tree nursery to produce high quality pine, eucalyptus and cypress seedlings for commercial plantations, demonstration plots and research.
2. Construction of nursery structures and accessories as needed.
3. Hiring of workers and training them in nursery techniques.
4. Clarification and enforcement of safety and environmental regulations and policies supervision of work.
7. Control of all work areas in the nursery and supervision of work being done.
8. Identification of potential plant problems such as diseases, weeds and insect pests.
9. Overall supervision of application of pesticides and fertilizers to plants.
10.Strengthening the capability of Tree Growers Associations in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania to produce high quality seedlings for local demand.
1 Bachelor degree in forestry or agribusiness or other relevant field.
2 At least 7 years of senior level experience in tree growing.
3 Experience in plantation forestry.
4 Excellent oral and written communication skills both in
English and Swahili.
If you are fully qualified for any of the above positions and are ready to commit to delivering the required outputs, send your current CV and application letter, in English, by email through email@example.com
Please quote the position you are applying for In your email subject. While we thank all
applicants, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793