JUNIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER
From The Guardian, 18th July 2016
The Private Forestry Programme (PFP) is a bilateral initiative between the Governments of Finland and Tanzania. The Programme increases income in the Southern Highlands through science-based private plantation forestry, and by strengthening forest industries.
PFP wishes to recruit a TGA Business Development Advisor, Forestry and Wood Industries Training Centre Manager, Forest and Wood Industries Training Coordinator, Nursery manager, and a Junior Professional Officer.
These positions are as detailed below:
Position: Junior Professional Officer
Duty station: Southern Highlands of Tanzania
Duration: Up to 31 December 2017 initially
This position is to provide an exceptionally bright forestry graduate an opportunity to work with and learn from the programme.
The specific tasks of the successful candidate will include the following:
1. Assist in programme planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
2. Assist in surveys and research tasks
3. Assist in data entry and analysis
4. Monitor service providers
5. Translate wherever necessary relevant documents in Swahili and English
6. Prepare consultations with relevant stakeholders Including meetings and work shops
7. Assist in budgeting and financial issues, including organizing payments for workshop participants
8. Assist in programme material production
9. Assist in awareness raising
10. Liaise with stakeholders, especially TGAs and community based groups
1. Bachelor's degree in forestry or relevant field. MSc is considered an advantage.
2. Excellent academic record and solid experience in performing statistical data analysis is a must.
3. Some work experience outside academic circles is an advantage.
4. Highly driven, able to work under pressure and follow deadlines.
5. Experience from multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team work is an advantage.
6. Ability to interact comfortably with rural communities and senior officials.
7. Excellent written and verbal Kiswahili and English skills.
8. Proven ability to deliver required outputs.
9. Willingness to travel to rural areas.
If you are fully qualified for any of the above positions and are ready to commit to delivering the required outputs, send your current CV and application letter, in English, by email through email@example.com
Please quote the position you are applying for In your email subject. While we thank all
applicants, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793