Child Safeguarding:The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children frequently conduct surveys, assessment and research. This requires rigorous team to help in data collection and entry to feed into the overall study programme. The enumerators will be contracted occasionally once the research/assessment or survey happens. These enumerators will be in the Save the Children database. Under direct supervision of the MEAL Specialist, the Enumerator will support in data collection, entry and quality management during the process. They must be willing to work with consultants in the field as requested. Once contracted, he/she will be part of the Save the Children team.
SCOPE OF ROLE.
Reports to: MEAL Specialist
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with project and MEAL officers, enumerators will administer and enter all programme’s related baseline, midterm and end line survey starting from data collection and data entry.
- Conduct research and collect information by assigned methods
- Appropriate document and report results
- Complete research/survey/assessment in specific area
- Review assigned fields and prepare an efficient route
- Travel to designated area and conduct interviews with Children
- Assisting participants by reading forms and answering questions.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in an area of social science, healthy community development or equivalent
- Knowledge and/or experience of involving children during research activities.
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
- Experience in and proven ability to support, train and mentor fellow staff on data collection and entry
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Fluency in English and Swahili (both verbal and written)
- Ability to use electronic devices for data collection
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children strategy, vision, mission, values and principles, good understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection
Education Specialist - Tanzania
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We're working with government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children's participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support the national HIV/TB strategy through the Global Fund program, and respond to emergencies. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated and results oriented individual with strong technical skills, and a commitment to the promotion of children's rights to fill the following position
The Education Specialist will provide strategic and technical leadership in this process. She/he will assume the overall responsibility for the growth and development of the education portfolio, including training for staff implementing in the field and operations research to test new approaches or the application of approaches in Tanzania. S/He must bring an innovative leadership profile with a proven track record in education and a sound technical background in programme design and delivery. The post holder should also have a solid understanding of the public education sector in Tanzania and some of the current challenges to delivery of quality basic education. The position is a core actor in mobilising new resources for our education portfolio.
Contract Duration: 1 year Renewable
Location: Dar es Salaam
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors' degree or equivalent in education or related field
At least 5 years of professional experience (not limited to teaching experience alone).
Demonstrated experience in designing technical strategies around education, specifically early childhood development and primary education.
Experience with early grade reading/literacy and numeracy.
Technical expertise in education, specifically pre-primary and/or primary education.
Demonstrated experience of developing and managing relationships and funding from donors such as DFID, USAID, World Bank or other development partners.
Demonstrated experience working with national and/or regional level government structures to strengthen the capacity of the government to deliver services.
Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793