FORESTRY AND WOOD INDUSTRIES TRAINING CENTRE MANAGER
From The Guardian, 18th July 2016
The Private Forestry Programme (PFP) is a bilateral initiative between the Governments of Finland and Tanzania. The Programme increases income in the Southern Highlands through science-based private plantation forestry, and by strengthening forest industries.
PFP wishes to recruit a TGA Business Development Advisor, Forestry and Wood Industries Training Centre Manager, Forest and Wood Industries Training Coordinator, Nursery manager, and a Junior Professional Officer.
These positions are as detailed below:
2: Forestry and Wood Industries Training Centre Manager
Duty station: Forestry and Wood Industry Training Centre in Mafinga
Duration: up to 31st Dec 2017 Initially
The specific tasks of the successful candidate will include the following:
1. Manage day-to-day functions of the Forest and Wood Industries Training Centre.
2. Supervise the training programmes: short courses in forestry and wood processing, VETA level training in wood processing
3. Collaborate with the VETA level forestry training unit (if not organized In Mafinga, In which case the manager willmanage that training as well)
4. Supervise the trainers/operators
5. Consult with relevant training establishments in Tanzania to improve training programmes and expand industrial training schedules
6. Assist in developing training programmes and developing awareness of forest-related topics for training potential
7. Ensure the industrial training unit is managed within the annual/monthly budget schedule
8. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
9. Develop and maintain communications with both large and small industry stakeholders in the Southern Highlands region
10. Assist in the planning and organization of workshops and meetings to promote. and increase awareness of the industrial training unit
11. Assist in collection of data, analysis and preparation of reports on any baseline studies requested of the Industrial Development Team
12. Develop a communications strategy to introduce products manufactured in the industrial training unit to the Tanzanian market
13. Market and sell products manufactured at the industrial training unit
14. Promote the reputation of the centre and develops financial sustainability
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in forestry, wood processing or other relevant field.
2. At least ten years of directly relevant senior level experience
3. Highly driven, able to work under pressure and follow deadlines.
4. Experience from multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team work.
5. Ability to interact comfortably with rural communities and senior officials.
6. Excellent written and verbal Kiswahili and English skills.
7. Proven ability to deliver required outputs.
If you are fully qualified for any of the above positions and are ready to commit to delivering the required outputs, send your current CV and application letter, in English, by email through firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the position you are applying for In your email subject. While we thank all
applicants, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793