Child Safeguarding:The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children frequently conduct surveys, assessment and research. This requires rigorous team to help in data collection and entry to feed into the overall study programme. The enumerators will be contracted occasionally once the research/assessment or survey happens. These enumerators will be in the Save the Children database. Under direct supervision of the MEAL Specialist, the Enumerator will support in data collection, entry and quality management during the process. They must be willing to work with consultants in the field as requested. Once contracted, he/she will be part of the Save the Children team.
SCOPE OF ROLE.
Reports to: MEAL Specialist
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with project and MEAL officers, enumerators will administer and enter all programme’s related baseline, midterm and end line survey starting from data collection and data entry.
- Conduct research and collect information by assigned methods
- Appropriate document and report results
- Complete research/survey/assessment in specific area
- Review assigned fields and prepare an efficient route
- Travel to designated area and conduct interviews with Children
- Assisting participants by reading forms and answering questions.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in an area of social science, healthy community development or equivalent
- Knowledge and/or experience of involving children during research activities.
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
- Experience in and proven ability to support, train and mentor fellow staff on data collection and entry
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Fluency in English and Swahili (both verbal and written)
- Ability to use electronic devices for data collection
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children strategy, vision, mission, values and principles, good understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793