Job Post: Communication Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director
Deadline: 22nd July 2016
OSIEA promotes vibrant and tolerant democracies in the region by awarding grants, developing programs, and bringing together diverse leaders and groups. We seek a self- motivated Communications Officer to serve under the Executive Director's office.
Overall Job purpose
The Communications Officer has direct responsibility for providing strategic direction and advisory support on communications at the regional level The Communications Officer identifies opportunities and then plans and develops strategies for OSIEA communication. The Communication Officer is also responsible for following-up on the execution, and ensuring smooth and effective implementation, of the OSIEA communication plan.
Developing and implementation of the communication strategy
• Participate in the design of OSIEAs regional communication strategy and oversee Its implementation
• Support relevant program staff to acquire the skills for mainstreaming communication into programming
• Provide expert advice to the Executive Director on communication issues both internally and externally
• build strategic partnerships with key local, regionai and international media outlets;
• Plan and coordinate the communication, profiling and showcasing of OSIEAs work
Develop OSIEA communications and publications
• Design content for the OSIEA website and supervise its upkeep
• Review write-ups from available program information for use in showcasing OSIEA's program work
• Coordinate OSIEAs input to OSF communication initiatives
• Ensure semi - annual publication of OSIEA Newsletter
• Ensure annual publication of OSIEAs magazine.
• Coordinate the production of the OSIEA documentary and other visual productions
• Explore the use of social media tools to promote OSIEAs communication objectives (e.g. twitter, blogs, and Facebook page).
Undertake all adminIstrative tasks in support of OSIEA communications activities
• Track media reports on OSIEA thematic issues in the sub-region and share relevant Items. Identify and track media mentions of OSIEA and its grantees
• Maintain contacts and liaise with key local, regional and international media outlets.
• Liaise with the Open Society Foundations on OSIEAs input to OSF communication
• First degree in a relevant academic qualification.
• Relevant postgraduate studies in journalism, communications or public relations
• Excellent computer skills including the ability to operate publishing software, databases spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• At least six years relevant work experience in journalism, international communications, and/or public relations
• Civil society sector experience is preferred
• Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
• Excellent written and oral English.
• Exceptional analytic capacity and skills
• Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
• Ability to travel regionally and internationally on a frequent basis
• Excellent coordination, networking and facilitation skills
• Well-connected to media outlets in the region and internationally
At OSIEA, all employees are expected to work at integrating the organizational values into the performance of their duties and tasks on a daily basis and by participating in in-house working groups designed to uphold the values and foster healthy inter-office communication.
Suitably qualified candidates should mail their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 22nd July 2016. For more information on the Organization interested applicants may
The position will attract a competitive salary with good benefits package.
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793