Employer:Tanzania Water and Environmental Sanitation (TWESA)
Location: Nyarugusu Camp, Kigoma region
Duration: Full-time position with contract until 31st December 2016
Application deadline: 17:00hrs on Tuesday 10th May 2016
TWESA is a Tanzanian NGO that was formed in 1997 to relieve suffering of disaster victims in emergencies and of poor communities in needy areas, through development and implementation of improved and protected water supply, environmental sanitation and hygiene.
TWESA implements water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services and facilities in the Kagera and Kigoma regions of Tanzania, including in the Nyarugusu, Nduta and Mtendeli refugees camps.
All TWESA employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: accountability, impartiality, compassion, non-discrimination and excellence. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships. TWESA is an equal opportunity employer – women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Storekeeper’s main responsibilities will be receiving, deliveries, coordinating stocks, documenting stores/warehouse transactions, maintaining records and overseeing storage of surplus inventory for TWESA Kasulu.
1. Ensure that the issued and received goods records are well kept in the bin card.
2. Responsible for the warehouse cleanliness, arrangements and safety.
3. Report to logistics all the items received and issued in and out the warehouse daily.
4. Supervise the on loading of the items from the warehouse to sites so that the requested items will be the ones loaded.
5. Assist the logistics on evaluating the supplies before they enter the warehouse and be recorded in bin cards and ledgers
6. Maintain the physical amount in the warehouse according to the balance appearing in the card of each item.
7. Report to the logistics on the items to be procured as soon as possible so as to avoid any delay sin field activities.
8. Make self-imposed checks between perpetual records and actual stock and investigate any discrepancies with report to the logistics officer.
9. Issue tools and goods against a properly authorized requisition and adjust stock control cads/books accordingly.
Required academic qualifications
Minimum of Diploma in stores management or similar qualification.
Desired professional competencies
• At least 2 years’ experience in stores management
• Knowledge of stock inventory procedures, requisitions etc
• Computer literacy, including MS Office, email and internet
• Good negotiation skills
• Experience in working with/in NGOs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
Desired personal competencies
• Able to engage positively with colleagues, beneficiaries, donors and partners
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent time management skills
• Able to work under pressure
How to Apply
Applications are accepted from Tanzanian citizens only. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please send your CV and cover letter to twesa (@) twesa.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please mention the position "Storekeeper" in your email subject.
Applications must be received by 1700hrs on Tuesday 10th May 2016.
For more information, please email twesa (@) twesa.org or call +255 222 460 301
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============