JOB TITLE: CIVIL ENGINEER POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Source the Guardian,13th May 2016
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing outreach and improving service quality by ensuring there is reliable power supply in Tanzania. TheCompany has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania.ln order to realize its goals, the Company will in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill vacant posts at Mtera Hydro Power Plant. Women are encouraged to apply.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
• Demonstrate good performance track record
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines
• Be computer literate
• Knowledge in driving manual vehicles is an added advantage
Position Objective: Civil Engineer 1 post ref 01
Reports To: Plant Principal Engineer
Station: Mtera Hydropowerplant
Responsible for maintenance of Power Station structure, the Reservoir substructure, Camps, buildings, houses and services of Mtera Hydropower Plant.
• Plan, monitor civil maintenance programs, execute and review civic maintenance programs, covering power house, the dam wall and earth fill structure, roads, domestic water supply, sewage and drainage system to the camps are carried out as per preventive maintenance schedules, including both short term and long term plans like overhauls, rehabilitation, upgrades and modifications.
• Ensure that monitoring of reservoir stresses, water leakage from the reservoir and dam deflection measurement are recorded accordingly.
• Ensure company safety rules, standards and regulations are adhered to all the time and proper safe guards are established and maintained to protect the interest of the company in relation to the reliability of plants, the safety of personnel and security of the equipment.
• Keeps civil maintenance manuals, drawings and other maintenance instructions pertaining to civil structures within/relevant to Mtera Hydro Power Plant and ensures that all changes and modifications made in the design of plants are well documented.
• Ensure civil emergency breakdowns within the powerhouse and outside are reported to your supervisor and dealt with in an expeditious manner.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Holder of degree in civil engineering from a recognized institution
Minimum experience in the relevant field
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates. The position terms of employment are performance based unspecified contract.
If you are a Tanzanian National and interested in the position, you should apply by sending a brief application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with all relevant certificates including three (3) referees. Applications should be marked "Private and confidential" and addressed to:
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCE
TANESCO HEAD OFFICE
P. O. BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM.
Application close date: Deadline for receiving applications is 27th May, 2016
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============