TANZANIA ACCESS GROUP
SERVER ADMINISTRATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Source Dailynews,29th April 2016
TANZANIA ACCESS GROUP
Access Bank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as Access Holding, International Finance Corporation (World Bank), KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest, ABT's vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
As one of the fastest-growing banks in Tanzania, we are offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants.
In order to support our dynamic expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit self- motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team of Access Bank Tanzania at our Head Office in Dar es Salaam.
• Plan, deploy, configure and maintain servers, administrative responsibility for server
• Operate and administrate database server and back office server (MS Win 2008/12, MS SQL, MS Exchange etc.)
• Server patch management, scripting (e.g. log in scripts), user administration (Active Directory)
• Install and ensure daily backup performance
• Plan and execute disaster recovery and normal recovery procedures, visual control of hardware; equipment - ensure uptime of server
• Maintain and update system and network procedure documentation
• Proactive analysis of logging data to help to prevent system down time
• Monitor logging data and report system operating figures and irregularities regularly - communicate system or network events, troubleshoots problems and issues and escalate within organization
• Install and manage data center racking, cabling, power, servers and storage devices
• Design server resources concept and create lifecycle plan for servers
• Transfer knowledge to IT colleagues
• Plan and configure network(hardware)
• Responsible for overall IT Service Level Management - monitoring the performance of
• IT services and all related IT components with the view to producing a capacity plan predicting IT resources needed to achieve ~greed service levels.
• Support to administrative functions of the Head of IT
• Plan detailed concept of LAN/WAN for all bank locations via connect ISP
• Manage IP routing and install/operate firewalling
• Education: and Experience: Degree in information technology or business information technology or comparable qualification
• At least 2 years of professional experience in an operational IT role as an administrator
• Evidence of sound experience in
• Server administration (modern MS Windows server (hardware, operation system,
• MS Office, network connections), patch management, scripting, user administration
• MSSQL server administration
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Active Directory Network environment, DNS and DHCP
• IT security tools and methods (firewall is, VPN, TCP/IP)
• Backup and recovery procedures (sql-database server, operating systems)
• Problem solving, analytical and process oriented
• Disciplined approach towards daily operations and documentation
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English
• Ability to take responsibility, work on own initiative
• Willingness to travel to bank branches throughout the country for installation and administration of server
Desired experience and knowledge
• IT project work
• Selecting providers and negotiating contracts
• Windows batch scripting and Linux server administration
• Openness of learning new technologies and methodologies
• Effective leadership of employees and providers
• Flexibility and operational readiness
Results expected to achieve
• Anticipate .and prevent unplanned downtimes of the systems and infrastructure by proactive actions
• Reach and maintain IT Security standards
Please send your resume and motivation letter to:
Human Resources Department
P.O BOX 95068,
Dar es Salaam.
Certificates and other relevant documents will be required during the application. Motivation letters should explain why you fit for this position and should include a summary of your achievements in your current position
Deadline for submission is 7th May, 2016. Access Bank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.