JOB TITLE: NATIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on behalf of the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) invites applications for the position of National Program Coordinator. The National Program Coordinator will lead the Afrian Dairy Genetic Gains (ADGG) Technical program implementation in Tanzania. African Dairy Genetic Gains is a BMGF funded project that looks at strategies to increase potential and realized smallholder dairy productivity in East Afric. The person will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of the project to ensure timely and effective implementation and completion.
ILRI works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries. ILRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium www.cgiar.org a global research partnership of 15 centers working with many partners for a food-secure future. ILRI has two main campuses in East Afric and other hubs in East, West and Southern Africa and South, southeast and East Asia. www.ilri.org.
Duty Station: this is a Nationally Recruited Position and the incumbent will be based in Arusha, Tanzania.
• Will be the principal point of contact person for the program in Tanzania.
• In close liaison with the Country PI, Lead the Technical Program implementation in Tanzania and be accountable to the Programs Principal Investigator (PI).
• Assist the PI to ensure the effective and flexible coordination and implantation of ADGG in Tanzania.
• Supervise, mentor and support the program site coordinators (SCs)
• Coordinate and undertake joint related ADGG/PAID program activities in Tanzania by working closely with the ADGG program partners and the two program PLS, thus providing the needed closer links between the two programs.
• Undertake the day to day management of program activities.
• With the full knowledge of the programs principal investigator (PI) and country PI, maintain regular and effective communication between the ADGG/PAID Tanzania team and the ILRI project team to ensure the quality and timeliness of project deliverables.
• Observing the project schedules and timescales, liaise with the country PI and ILRI to ensure documents (financial technical and meeting report and feedbacks) are prepared in accordance with the agreed schedules and within timescales.
• Coordinate the preparation of timely and quality documentation implementation reports to be submitted to ILRI; including contributing to the packaging of feedback to farmers.
• Maintain records on technical and financial aspects of project operation, including project activities and their outcomes; as well as minutes, decisions and recommendations of meetings and workshops.
• Ensure that all partners, beneficiaries, and stakeholders are appropriately and timely informed and involved in the program activities.
• Provide excellent service to all stakeholders working within the program by being proactive, responsive and effectively dealing with program related concerns/issues.
• Ensure effective dissemination of knowledge and insights gained; learning as well as tools and methodologies to approved program stakeholders and wider audience.
• Identify potential related activities to which the planned program activities would be synergistic to, and communicate/share with the program Management Team (PMT) for further action.
• PHD in Animal Breeding or equivalent degree. (post-graduate training in Project management will be an added advantage)
• Professional qualification in project management and monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/word processing software.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the delivery of development projects in multiple partner projects environment.
• Experience in teamwork and people management skills in a multicultural environment.
• Excellent communications skills including verbal, written English and presentation skills.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, leadership skills and a proven networker.
The initial contact for the position is two years with possibility of renewal. This is a nationally recruited position and IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone number, email address, and names and addresses of two referees should be sent to:
The Country Representative, IITA-Tanzania
Plot No, 25, Mwenge-Coca-Cola Road, Mikocheni Industrial Area
DAR ES SALAAM – TANZANIA
Applicants are requested to please indicate the reference number for the position as indicated on the heading of the announcement in your application as well as on the subject of your email if sending by email. If sending by post or hand delivery, please indicate the reference number on your application as well as on the left hand side of your envelope. Please note that any applications without the reference number indicated will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Two weeks from the date of advertisement appearing in the newspaper. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 1st April, 2016
Are you applying for job many times and not shortlisted? Now its your time to be called for interview. Get the best CV from professionals within 48 hrs.Call 0658343074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793