Date Posted: Mar 25, 2016
Application Deadline: Apr 1, 2016
Location: Kasulu& Kibondo
Salary:As per Oxfam’s salary scales
Contract Type: Fixed Term (5 months)
Job Ref No:INT2321
Who we are:
OXFAM has been working for the Burundi Refugee Response since May last year with initial activities in emergency water supply, Sanitation and health promotion services for refugees. Oxfam has continued to lead on setting up of WASH facilities in refugee’s camp in Kibondo and Kasulu. In light of this;
We are currently looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable WASH Coordinator to enhance the impact of our work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role you will report to the Humanitarian Programme Manager and you will be responsible for the following:
· To coordinate and standardise/harmonise WASH activities/approaches within Oxfam teams and in all refugee camps in Kigoma implemented by different agencies
· To represent Oxfam at the various coordination meetings at a local and national levels ensuring compatibility with overall commitments and policy/programme priorities in OGB refugee programme.
· Collate and prepare WASH reports and future proposals in time and document or manage documentation of technical learning, innovations and best practices.
· To coordinate and manage WASH team(s) in all the camps Oxfam is currently responding to in Kigoma on full potentials, ensuring integration at all the teams. It includes line management of PHP Team Leaders & PHP Teachincal team Leader under a workable and accountable management structure.
· To support, often lead and carry out assessments of the public health situation of the refugees in new or existing camps. This includes drafting ToR, checklist, briefing, etc.
· As necessary, recruit, train and supervise Public Health engineering/promotion team leaders, consultants and other PH staff. This may involve the writing of job descriptions, work schedules, training plans and appraisals.
· To ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues. In particular to promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of the work and to ensure that Oxfam’s response is in line with the needs of the refugee
· To ensure that work aims to meet Minimum Standards and adheres to Oxfam’s emergency guidelines and protocols.
· Strategic support to develop Public Health strategy encompassing sustainability and exit strategy.
· To step in to gap filling roles both upwards and downwards. The work may include management and administrative duties and co-ordination with other members of the project and with staff of other organisations based at national, regional and headquarter level.
· To brief press, media, other agency staff and Oxfam supporters as agreed with the line manager, Country Representative, Humanitarian Department and Press Office.
· To ensure that al PH staff are familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, Oxfam International procedures and other regulatory codes (e.g. InterAction Field Co-operation Protocol).
· To act as the PHE Team Leader when necessary.
Skills and Competencies:
The candidate envisage this role should have the following qualifications;
· A suitable qualification in any discipline relating to Public Health Engineering/promotion is the necessary educational background. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
· Most importantly, five years’ practical experience in developing countries in appropriate WASH. It is desirable that some of this should have been in emergency refugee programmes and WASH coordination role. The post holder must be aware of and sensitive to the particular needs of women in this context.
· The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations.
· Diplomacy, tact and administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial and, on occasions, senior UN/government levels. The post holder should also be at ease in working with local people.
· Willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.
· Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
· Good written and spoken English is essential. Other language(s) (desirable) i.e., Arabic.
· Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
This opportunity is for a dedicated and highly motivated professional with strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you qualify for this post and you are the candidate that we are looking for, please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience for the post applied and include daytime telephone contacts by applying online at www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs and then go to current vacancies. You are advised to use advert Reference number INT2321 and job title above.We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. The closing date for this post is 1st April 2016
“Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply”
Oxfam has zero tolerance on bribery; any such incidences of solicitation should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you applying for job many times and not shortlisted? Now its your time to be called for interview. Get the best CV from professionals within 48 hrs.Call 0658343074 or email email@example.com
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793