Job Title: Regional Chief Education Advisor
RTI (www.rtLorg) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI is recruiting candidates for the USAID-funded Tanzania Tusome Pamoja "Let's Read Together" program
RTl international is accepting applications from qualified staff for the recently awarded USAID/ Tanzania Tusome Pamoja "Let's Read Together'" program (2016-2021) in Tanzania. The 5-year program will assist the Ministry of Education to replicate and scale up reading, writing' and arithmetic improvement interventions in schools with an emphasis on curriculum and materials development for Grades 1-4 in Swahili and English. On behalf of the USAIDI Tanzania, RTI will' work with regional, district, and ward personnel to implement reading, writing, and arithmetic reforms in five regions of the country, with support given to approximately 3000 public primary schools in the selected regions, Additionally, Tusome Pamoja will implement activities to engage communities and parents to further the goals improved 'student learning outcomes.
RTI International is now accepting expression of interest (CV/Resumes) for the position of Regional Chief Education Advisors to be based in each of Program's Regional Office i.e. IRINGA, MOROGORO, MTWARA, RUVUMA; and ZANZIBAR.
Successful candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including fluency in English.
The Regional Chief Education Advisor: will lead the Program Team in designated Region and facilitate Program implementation in partnership with the respective Regional Secretariat or Zanzibar Ministry to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the program activities at district, ward, school and community levels.. She/he will be responsible for the provision of technical assistance to the respective Region or Zanzibar in line with the respective policy and national program to improve student learning performance in three areas: reading, writing and arithmetic (3Rs).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• A master's degree in a related field and a minimum of 6 years of professional experience, or a bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
• At least 5 years' experience of leading technical and administrative teams within the education or child protection sectors, preferably on a USAID/USG or other donor-funded project in Tanzania.
• Demonstrable experience of developing strong professional relations with government officials and providing technical assistance to national and/or sub-national education sector institutions/government officers
• Experience leading regionally based education sector programmes preferred
• Strong understanding of the Mainland Tanzania or Zanzibar sub-national institutional structures, preferably with experience of strengthening system capacity for education service deliver
• Experience of working with implementation of education sector professional development programmes (INSET), preferably primary and early grades .
• Experience of implementing monitoring activities in the area of teaching and learning
• Strong understanding of data collection and analysis methods
• Experience of being responsible for fund execution and fund management
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
• Strong organization, administration, and oral and written communication skills."
How to Apply
To apply please email your CV/Resume and Cover Letter only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is April 15, 2016. Please indicate name of the Region of your preference in the Subject Line of your Application: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
RTl lnternational is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Source: The Guardian 22nd March, 2016
Are you applying for job many times and not shortlisted? Now its your time to be called for interview. Get the best CV from professionals within 48 hrs.Call 0658343074 or email email@example.com
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793