Reports to: Country Project Manager (CPM) – East Africa Daily Development (EADD)
Location: East Africa Dairy Development Project Office, Mbeya, Tanzania
EADD is an ambitious five years program designed to transform the lives of resource poor farming families through a competitive and inclusive dairy value chain in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. EADD II in Tanzania is targeting to reach 35,000 farm families, about 210,000 dependents and 200,000 dairy stakeholders in the dairy value chain in Tanzania. The Program is implemented in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania.
The OM will provide overall compliance guidance and coordination of field based activities (constituting of consortium partners) in the implementation of the EADD-2 project in Tanzania. To this end, she/he will take the overall responsibility of increasing dairy production at farm level, sustainable functioning of hubs and gender equity. She/he will also ensure that the project is implemented in compliance with the donor (BMGF) and Heifer policies and that it meets all compliance standards consistent with conventional good project management practices.
• Coordinate and ensure a robust facilitative support to Cluster leads and team leaders to guarantee quality and timely implementation and achievement of the set project outcomes. Support cluster/field based teams to ensure quality and timeliness in the execution of project.
• In close collaboration with the CPM and Technical Leads Supervise. Manage and oversee activities of cluster teams (including partners) to ensure that maximum output is achieved.
• Provide leadership to teams on implementation and project operations including enhancing compliance standards among Pos in areas such as developing SOPs, different codes of practices, SOPs, registration of groups and businesses. Support the CPM in ensuring full compliance to financial and other internal controls in all project sites and at the county level.
• In collaboration with dairy production and business teams, ensure training of farmers on production and productivity, business skills and financial literacy including farm level business planning and economics.
• Support the project to mainstream gender, youth and social capital activities and ensuring there is increased women and youth participation in dairying within the project area by facilitate training programs that enable farmers to achieve sustainable development and to increase percentage household incomes realized from dairy and other related enterprises.
• Working in close collaboration with the CPM, ensure EADD creates and maintains good public relations with farmers, processors, like minded development agencies, relevant government entities and other stakeholders.
• Work closely with the MLE coordinator to ensure timely preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports as per the project reporting templates and deadlines.
Masters Degree in Livestock Production, Agriculture Economics, Project Management, Rural Development or other related field with five (5) years hands on experience (2 years at managerial level) in a mix of agricultural value chains and rural development related projects. Understanding of dairy value chain of Tanzania and experience setting up producer/market groups. Other requirements include understanding and experience hands on general project cycle, planning and budgeting. Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies aimed at providing institutional capacity building to partner institutions with a view to build a more efficient, competitive, and sustainable dairy industry.
Mode of Application
Potential candidates are encouraged to apply by sending application letter enclosed CV and certificates/testimonials. Application should be channelled by mail to:
Heifer International Tanzania
East Africa Dairy Development Project (EADD)
All applications should marked “Application for OM” on the envelope or as subject if sent electronically. Remember, Heifer International is an equal employer and recruitment is by merits. Deadline of this application is 14th March, 2016. For those who applied previously are advised not to reapply.
Source: The Guardian 2nd March 2016
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793