NATURAL WOODLAND AND CONSERVATION MANAGER
KVTC is the largest grower of teak in Africa and has established plantations in Tanzania since 1992. The Company manages teak plantations and natural woodlands as well as a timber processing plant located in the Ulanga District. The Company is the largest exporter of timber products from Tanzania and employs around 300 people. For more information go to: www.kvtc-tz.com.
In order to strengthen its organization KVTC has created new position of Natural Woodland and conservation manager to assist in maintaining and improving the management of the natural forests and conservation areas on its landholding. The Natural Woodland Manager will be the key person for implementation of sustainable harvesting trials to be initiated in cooperation and collaboration with the surrounding communities.
Job Title: Natural Woodland and Conservation Manager
• Work with a team of Village Game Scouts to patrol and safeguard the natural woodland and conservation areas.
• Analyze patterns of illegal logging, poaching and wildfires and develop strategies to combat these activities.
• Build strategic alliances with communities and local governments to combat illegal activities.
• Ensurethe establishment and implementation of a monitoring and reporting system measuring performance against conservation plan.
Natural Woodland Management
• Be the lead person for the development of KVTC`s natural woodland strategy which will include the transition from a 100% conservation approach to a more incluslve management philosophy with the involvement of surrounding communities.
• Develop and implement forest management plans for the natural woodland areas.
• Develop inventories, quality assessments and sustainable offtake quantities for the various management units.
• Train and develop staff in the management and operations of natural woodland areas.
• Ensure all activities developed are in line with forest stewardship council requirements.
• Ensure the establishment and implementation of a monitoring and reporting system measuring performance against forest management plan.
• To detect and handle complaints, disputes and grievances of communities and to report these to the CEO.
• Work together with the Social Manager to integrate the conserfvation and natural woodland programs in the overall CSR strategy of the company.
Budget, Financial Management
• Prepare conservation and woodland management budgets develop funding proposals for the same.
• Performs other duties as requested by the CEO or his/her designete.
• BSc or MSc in Forestry or Conservation Management
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili
• Computer literate (MS Office)
• Qutstanding communication and presentation skills.
• Coaching and leadership skills.
• Preferably experience with GPS and GLS programs
Experiences and Ability
• Preferably worked in forestry or Ago-Processing industry or other industrial Environment.
• Practical knowledge working with forest communities.
• Experience working with conservation NGO`s (local) governments and management of project budgets.
• Experience with fund raising and communication with funders.
• Experience with forestry certification systems.
• Ability to work in remote and challenging conditions.
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter, CV and copies of certificates and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is 15th April, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Daily News 30th March, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.