HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Monitoring, Evidence and Leaning Coordinator (MELC) that will be based in Dar es Salaam with key relationships extending to Eastern, Western and Central Africa Regional Development Centre (EWCARDC), key staff in partner organisations and HelpAge International Secretariat in the UK.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To ensure development and implementation of organisation-wide monitoring and impact assessment framework in relation to programming, advocacy objectives contained in HelpAge’s Strategic Targets and to our major audiences and donors to meet contractual obligations for reporting and accountability.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for coordinating and compiling corporate level evidence for our key audiences to support our reporting. The post holder will provide technical assistance to Dar es Salaam office and partners to enable them to gather, analyse and generate evidence for local level, national and regional advocacy.
· At least Degree level education preferably in social sciences.
· Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in project monitoring and evaluation 3 years must be with NGOs
· Demonstrable interest in ageing issues
· Experience of team work and demonstrable experience in collaborative work across disciplines
· Proven experience of designing and developing monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems in a development context
· Knowledge and experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods, including basic statistical packages
· Understanding of principles of rights based programming and issues of accountability to beneficiaries and stakeholders
· Excellent facilitation skills and experience in use of participatory methodologies with a wide range of organisations
· Excellent skills in information management, including recording, analysis, reporting and review methods, gained in an international organisation
· Proven ability to be administratively self-supporting and proficient in use of internet and computer application packages
· Ability to train and motivate others, taking into account cultural and language differences.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills at a wide range of levels (both verbal and written)
· Experience of the use of database and statistical analysis computer packages such as in Word, Access, Excel and others.
· Ability to communicate well orally and in writing in English
· Ability to travel as necessary.
· Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Contract Period is one (1) year with potential for renewal
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications should be sent before Monday 18th March 2016. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No certificates need to be sent.
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793