STATE MINING CORPORATION
CAREER OPPORTUNITY – RE ADVERTISEMENT
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Managing Director
• Provides strategic leadership and operational direction of the corporation.
• Directs and supervises the administration of the activities under the responsibility of the corporation.
• Ensures that the corporation develops well focused vision and mission as approved by the Board of Directors.
• Plans, Organizes, co-ordinates, monitors, controls and evaluates implementation of corporation’s policies and operations in order to achieve the corporations goal and objectives.
• Effectively promotes a positive image of the Corporation.
• Chairs management Team meetings.
• Coordinates preparation and reviews the corporation’s budget and periodic reports, and ensures adequate mechanisms for internal control and monitoring as approved by the Board.
• Implements directives of the board of directors pursuant to corporation’s policies, relevant Acts and Regulations governing the industry.
• Keeps the Board of directors regular informed of any important matters that have a bearing on the functions of the board.
• Ensures that the corporation’s resources, human, financial and physical are nurtured, developed, managed and harnessed optimally.
• Operates bank account and banking transactions as one of the authorized signatories.
• Acts as the Accounting Officer of the Corporation responsible for implementing all policies.
• Authorizes all payments whether of capital or revenue nature to ensure efficient and effective mobilization and utilization of resources.
• Advises the Board of Directors on the corporation’s performance.
• Directs and ensures that annual reports and statement of accounts are submitted to the board of directors.
• Formulates policies and strategies aimed at improving revenue collection for the corporation.
• Supervises the application and review of corporation Act, regulations and systems procedures and ensures that STAMICO`s Legal responsibilities and interests are well protected.
• Liaises with the ministry of Energy and minerals and other stakeholders to promote an understanding of the problems and constraints that STAMICO sometimes encounters in its operations.
• Ensures that core functions of the corporation which are mineral rights acquisition, exploration, drilling, mine development, mining and mineral marketing and mineral joint venturing are effectively supervised.
• Facilitates provision of consultancies and specialized technical services to small scale miners and other stakeholders.
• Conducts open performance review and appraisal of subordinates.
• Performs any other duties assigned to him/her by the relevant authorities as may be called upon from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• The candidate for this position must hold a university degree in either engineering, geo-science, economics, finance, accounting, law, management or other related fields from a recognized institution.
• Masters in Business Administration or equivalent will be an advantage.
• He/she must have at least 10 years working experience at senior position with a large reputable organization preferably a profit organization out of which two years must have been in the mining industry.
• A holder of post graduate degree preferably at the PHD level in any relevant academic field will be an added advantage.
Desired Attributes and Competences
• Must be visionary, proactive and forward looking
• Must be innovative and results oriented.
• Must have the ability to maintain a multi-task focus.
• Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
• Must be able to deal effectively with demanding situations and respond with speed.
• Must be able to manage continuity, change and trainsition.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be able to communicate with excellent writing skills.
• must be fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
• Must have the ability to supervises and direct multi-functional professionals.
Applicants for this position must not be less than 35 years and below 55 years of age.
Remuneration package is in accordance with STAMICO`s Scheme of Service-Salary Scale SMC 11.
Mode of Application
• Interested and suitable candidates should submit application letters along with their curriculum vitae, indicating current e-mail and telephone contacts.
• Certified copies of relevant certificates and one recent passport size photograph should be attached to application letters.
• Each applicant must provide names and contact details of two reputable and reachable referees.
It should be noted that:
Applications without relevant documents will not be considered
Only shourtlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications must reach the undersigned by REGISTERED MAIL on before 18th March, 2016-03-05
STAMICO Board of Directors
State Mining Corporation
Plot No. 417/418 United Nations Road
DAR ES SALAAM
Source: Daily News 4th March, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.