STATE MINING CORPORATION
CAREER OPPORTUNITY – RE ADVERTISEMENT
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Managing Director
• Provides strategic leadership and operational direction of the corporation.
• Directs and supervises the administration of the activities under the responsibility of the corporation.
• Ensures that the corporation develops well focused vision and mission as approved by the Board of Directors.
• Plans, Organizes, co-ordinates, monitors, controls and evaluates implementation of corporation’s policies and operations in order to achieve the corporations goal and objectives.
• Effectively promotes a positive image of the Corporation.
• Chairs management Team meetings.
• Coordinates preparation and reviews the corporation’s budget and periodic reports, and ensures adequate mechanisms for internal control and monitoring as approved by the Board.
• Implements directives of the board of directors pursuant to corporation’s policies, relevant Acts and Regulations governing the industry.
• Keeps the Board of directors regular informed of any important matters that have a bearing on the functions of the board.
• Ensures that the corporation’s resources, human, financial and physical are nurtured, developed, managed and harnessed optimally.
• Operates bank account and banking transactions as one of the authorized signatories.
• Acts as the Accounting Officer of the Corporation responsible for implementing all policies.
• Authorizes all payments whether of capital or revenue nature to ensure efficient and effective mobilization and utilization of resources.
• Advises the Board of Directors on the corporation’s performance.
• Directs and ensures that annual reports and statement of accounts are submitted to the board of directors.
• Formulates policies and strategies aimed at improving revenue collection for the corporation.
• Supervises the application and review of corporation Act, regulations and systems procedures and ensures that STAMICO`s Legal responsibilities and interests are well protected.
• Liaises with the ministry of Energy and minerals and other stakeholders to promote an understanding of the problems and constraints that STAMICO sometimes encounters in its operations.
• Ensures that core functions of the corporation which are mineral rights acquisition, exploration, drilling, mine development, mining and mineral marketing and mineral joint venturing are effectively supervised.
• Facilitates provision of consultancies and specialized technical services to small scale miners and other stakeholders.
• Conducts open performance review and appraisal of subordinates.
• Performs any other duties assigned to him/her by the relevant authorities as may be called upon from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• The candidate for this position must hold a university degree in either engineering, geo-science, economics, finance, accounting, law, management or other related fields from a recognized institution.
• Masters in Business Administration or equivalent will be an advantage.
• He/she must have at least 10 years working experience at senior position with a large reputable organization preferably a profit organization out of which two years must have been in the mining industry.
• A holder of post graduate degree preferably at the PHD level in any relevant academic field will be an added advantage.
Desired Attributes and Competences
• Must be visionary, proactive and forward looking
• Must be innovative and results oriented.
• Must have the ability to maintain a multi-task focus.
• Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
• Must be able to deal effectively with demanding situations and respond with speed.
• Must be able to manage continuity, change and trainsition.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be able to communicate with excellent writing skills.
• must be fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
• Must have the ability to supervises and direct multi-functional professionals.
Applicants for this position must not be less than 35 years and below 55 years of age.
Remuneration package is in accordance with STAMICO`s Scheme of Service-Salary Scale SMC 11.
Mode of Application
• Interested and suitable candidates should submit application letters along with their curriculum vitae, indicating current e-mail and telephone contacts.
• Certified copies of relevant certificates and one recent passport size photograph should be attached to application letters.
• Each applicant must provide names and contact details of two reputable and reachable referees.
It should be noted that:
Applications without relevant documents will not be considered
Only shourtlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications must reach the undersigned by REGISTERED MAIL on before 18th March, 2016-03-05
STAMICO Board of Directors
State Mining Corporation
Plot No. 417/418 United Nations Road
DAR ES SALAAM
Source: Daily News 4th March, 2016
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793