House No. TMK/NJR/374 Temeke,
P.O. Box 12085 Dar es Salaam
Tel: +255222863660; +255732920510;
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
OCODE – Organization for Community Development is looking for not less than 30 years aged lady to fill the position of Finance and Administration Officer which is currently vacant.
Background to OCODE
The Organization for Community Development (OCODE) is a Tanzanian Non-Governmental
Organization that was established in 1999 and registered in 2003 with a key objective of ensuring that children in poor community (ies) have equitable access to quality pre & primary education. OCODE also works to improve community livelihood.
Through partnership with likeminded organizations and collaboration with various stakeholders the organization is currently implementing two programs: a Community Based Education
Intervention (CBEI) program in public primary schools in Ilala, Kinondoni and Temeke Municipalities and a Community Managed Microfinance (CMMF) in 4 wards in Ilala Municipality.
The CBEI project is aimed at improving social and physical teaching and learning environment in selected public primary schools so as to enhance educational performance of the pupils while the CMMF project aim is to improve community livelihood by supporting the families with children in the target schools. A range of activities implemented under CBEI program includes provision of school facilities such as basic textbooks, school furniture (desks, tables, chairs, file cabinets, and cupboards), improving school infrastructures, and various capacities of teachers through conducting in-service training to teachers. Other complementary activities include conducting various trainings on good governance, reproductive health, HIV & AIDS, child rights and gender. Under CMMF, activities which are implemented are formation, provision of capacity building and supervision of Self Help Groups
Reporting to: Director of Programs
Station: Dar es Salaam
Contract duration: 2 years with possible extension for similar duration based on performance
• Lead and coordinate management of finance and general administration functions
• Oversee the operations of the finance of all programs/projects and administration office
• Manage all aspects of accounting, procurement and regular audit of the Organization
• Develop/institutionalize effective internal control mechanism (financial and administrative systems) for the Organization
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Prepare and maintain all organization agreements and staff contracts
• Oversee preparation of all financial reports, budgets and implement cash management strategies.
• Make recommendations to Director of programs on budget implementation including expenditures
• Ensure the Organization meets all its financial commitments to partner organizations and to be contact person for partner organizations in finance related matters
• Ensure all financial reports are checked for accuracy before they are submitted to partner organizations
• Develop financial strategies and implement OCODE’s financial goals
• Assign responsibilities to staff within the finance section, including accountants.
• Prepare financial statements and suggest ways to improve OCODE’s overall financial performance to ensure growth.
• Maintain banking relationships.
• Overall in charge of petty cash management
• Ensure proper maintenance of books of accounts, inventory and fixed asset records
• To be responsible for the smooth financial management of all programs activities.
• Ensure there are valid contracts/financial agreement and timely disbursement/payment to service supplier/providers of/to the Organization
• Ensure bank reconciliations for all banks accounts are prepared and presented to to the Director of Program for approval
• Participate in staff and management meetings
• Any other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Academic qualification and years of experience
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or in a related field.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in managing donor funds in civil society sector.
• Hands on experience in administration in a reputable organization.
Competence (skills, Knowledge, and Abilities)
• Knowledge and skills on donor funded project managements.
• Strong interpersonal leadership skills
• Ability to communicate in English both verbal and written
• Strong financial analytical skills
• Financial report writing skills
• Computer literacy particularly on soft accounting packages.
Deadline: March 28, 2016
If you meet the requirements please send your CV and application letter with two reliable referees contacts to:
Director of Programs
P.O Box 12085
Dar es Salaam
Do not forget to disclose your gross salary expectations.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do not send any copies of any certificates.
PHD Researcher at REPOA
Are you applying for job many times and not shortlisted? Now its your time to be called for interview. Get the best CV from professionals within 48 hrs.Call 0658343074 or email email@example.com
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793