Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact
with or access to children or young people.
Under the guidance of the Logistic and Administration of Zanzibar Office, the Driver will be responsible for the managing transport of the programme staff for successful implementation
of community activities in Zanzibar. H/she will be responsible to ensure the staffs are well supported for transport in Zanzibar town and rural areas of Unguja so as to implement the
quality program implementation. The Driver shall work under the planned budget and support surveys and assignment given by the Project officers. S/he will work in close collaboration
with and active involvement of the district health officials and the Shehias of Zanzibar
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Office Logistic and Administrator- Health / Nutrition / Wash
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support for transport of staffs of Save the children and Ministry of Health staffs working for
the Maternal - Newborn Health/Nutrition/Wash implementation.
– Ensure the filling of log book for each travel allocated for the Programme staffs in the communities particularly in rural areas.
– To promote access of health facility based services are advocated in the community and ensure integration with other Health /Nutrition /WASH activities in the project sites.
– Ensure the staffs are well supported for transport from office to the field office.
Technical Programme Effectiveness
– To work on transport request from partners on implementing the project and support for transport upon approval of the Programme Manager. To help strengthen their capacity to
– Support regular field visits and and assist logistics for Save the children staffs to attend
the meetings with partners and government
– To prepare and handle budgets for field works once the staffs are noting position to
handle financial request for filed work
– Reporting is an essential part of the position’s job description, including fuel
consumptions, vehicle maintenance and vehicle repair.
– Reporting shall be made to the Logistic Officer and health programme manager and
sharing lessons learned as per donors and SC requirements.
– Completion of all reporting requirements in line with Save the Children requirements
– To orient the Save the children and Ministry of Health staffs on their safety measure
when they are in transport with Save the Children Vehicle.
– The Driver may be responsible for additional tasks and duties as and when required to
support the overall Country Programme priorities.
– Significant support for transport for district health officials in relevant departments,
closely liaising with District authorities in Zanzibar.
– Make sure available for supporting the regular and adhoc technical and policy level
meetings. Frequent interaction with both technical and management counterparts in
government, and other stakeholders.
– Regular assistance for logistics requested by the representatives of donors, international agencies and local civil society.
– Regular support for transport and logistics for the Save the children staffs when they
show engagement with the area office’s programme and support staff is essential.
– Actively promote effective formal and informal communication among all SCI staff
members. Ensure coordination with other programme teams and support teams with the
aim of achieving the programme and organizational objectives.
– The post holder is required to comply with SCI policy and practice requirements with
respect to health and safety, child protection, child safeguarding , equal opportunities,
anti-fraud and corruption policy, and other relevant policies and procedures.
The post holder will be responsible to fulfill any other duty assigned by the Programme
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793