EWURA CONSUMER CONSULTATIVE COUNCIL
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTEWURA Consumer Consultative Council (EWURA CCC) is a Council established under Section 30 of the Energy and water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Act, Cap 414 of the laws of Tanzania. The main function of the Council is to protect the interests of consumers of the EWURA regulated goods and services. The Council has Regional Consumer Committees (RCCs) established in 24 regions in the Mainland Tanzania.
The EWURA CCC now wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the under mentioned vacant positions at the RCCs` offices in Rukwa, Kagera and Mtwara regions.
Post Title: Customer Care cum Office Management Assistant
duty Stations: Rukwa, Kagera and Mtwara regions.
Reporting to: Advocacy Officer
Number of Vacant Positions: 3
Customer Care cum Office Management Assistant will be responsible for general office administration, as well as handling consumer-related complaints and enquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Guiding and assisting consumers of EWURA regulated goods and services in lording complaints and/or channelling the same to appropriate authorities for settlement.
• Following up on lodged complaints to it that appropriate action to resolve them is promptly taken.
• Receiving consumer complaints/enquiries, responding to or referring them to responsible authorities for settlement.
• Facilitating the proper functioning of RCCs.
• Accounting for funds disbursed for the Councils activities.
• Preparing and submitting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress report for all activities undertaken.
• Sensitizing and raising public awareness on consumer rights and obligations.
• Promoting activities of the council as well as the regulated services in the region.
• Taking good care of the council properties.
Academic Qualification and Experience
The aspirant for the post must have the following qualifications and experience.
• Possession of at least a Bachelors degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Pubic Administration, mass Communication, Law or Education from a recognized institution.
• Possession of at least one year working experience with a demonstrable knowledge in customer care, office management and/or front office operations.
• Computer literacy in particular window operating systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Kiswahili and English.
• Ability to articulate the vision of the council to different audiences
• Working experience in the energy and water sector will be an added advantage.
The addition to the above skills and qualifications, the applicants are required to have the following attributes.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Creative and spontaneous in serving customers.
• Smart, outgoing personality but very professional.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including computer literacy and fluency both in English and Kiswahili.
Terms of employment
3 years contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
EWURA CCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Mode of Application
An application letter with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day-time contact telephone/mobile number, two (2) recent coloured passport size photographs and photocopies of certificates together with names and contacts of two referees should be addressed to reach the under mentioned by Tuesday, 8th March, 2016, at 17:00 hours.
Applications may be sent by post, email, or hnd delivered.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the
application deadline, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
Lobbing and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the disadvantage of the candidate.
The Executive Secretary
EWURA Consumer Consultative Council (EWURA CCC)
Second Floor, Info Tech Building, Plot 565 Kawe Beach, Mwai Kibaki Road
DAR ES SALAAM
Telephone: +255 22 2780236
Source: Daily News 22nd February, 2016
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793