THE AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY
TANZANIA INSTITUTE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN EAST AFRICA (AKU-IED-EA)Based in Dar es Salaam, East Africa but working across East Africa, the Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private.
The Aga Khan University promotes human development through teaching, research and community service. Join our team of talented and dedicated professionals who are making a difference in Tanzania and beyond.
Job Title: Lecturers/Senior Lecturers School of Nursing and Midwifery
To join a growing institution committed to providing quality education in the developing world
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic Lecturers/Senior Lecturers to contribute to the provision of high quality teaching and research in our growing school of Nursing and Midwifery in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. You will teach across a range of pre-registration nursing courses at Bachelors level. Teachers are an important influence in the lives of student.
As a teacher, you are a mentor, engaging students to be lifelong learners and leaders in their communities. We are seeking innovative
lecturers to teach across a range of nursing courses. Your responsibilities include:
• Ensuring high academic teaching standards that inspire and motivate students.
• Developing courses to meet health care needs in the region.
• Engaging in research that advance the practice of nursing, particularly in the East African context.
• Linking with external partners to develop relationships that support teaching, learning and research
Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Master degree or equivalent, required.
• Registered or eligible to register with the Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council, required.
• Clinical practical experience as a nurse or midwife, required.
• Understanding of local and international health care policy, required.
• Current knowledge of teaching best practice, required.
• Doctoral degree completed or in progress, preferred.
Job Title: Professor
In the areas shown below:-
1. Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation in Education
The successful candidate will have an academic background and teaching experience in educational assessment, measurement and evaluation. We highly recommend people who besides having this as their areas of specialization; are also capable in teaching research methods at a graduate level.
2. ICT, Mathematics Education/Statistics
IED is looking for a faculty member specializing in ICT with an ability to work in Mathematics Education being an added advantage. The candidates need to have expertise in blended learning and/or ICT in a developing world context. Deep knowledge in statistics and its use in analysis of quantitative data and reasoning in research will also be an added advantage. We need a person who has accumulated a lot of experience teaching in these areas.
3. Special Education and Counseling
The successful candidate will be the first member of faculty at IED-EA working specifically within the area of special educational needs and counseling. The Interested in hiring someone who is well versed in this area and has a lot of teaching experience. Special education and counseling is one of the new programmed that IED-EA will soon be introducing and therefore IED-EA needs someone who is capable of designing a variety of new courses in this area that will be offered at graduate level as well as in other in-service level short programmes that are offered at various locations within East Africa. Experience in teaching Early Childhood Education or Gender Studies will be an added advantage. The successful candidate will initially work with the Head of Teaching Programmes in writing a proposal for a new specialization within our Master of Education Degree Programme. While candidates with a specialty in this area are encouraged to apply, the Institute`s interest is to hire those who have experience in teaching this specialization in a developing world context.
4. Language and Literacy in Education
The successful candidate will have a background in linguistics, language education, literacy or applied linguistics will specialization in one of the following.
• Application of linguistic theories and models in language use contexts.
• Research in developing, implementing and evaluating language/literacy programs.
• A knowledge also of assessment issues and preparedness to teach and supervise in the area would be an added advantage.
NOTE: the successful candidates in these positions will be required to teach in the Institute`s Graduate Programme as well as in short courses that are offered via the Institute`s Centre for Life Long Learning. They will be expected to set and mark assignments as well as supervise students` research and dissertations. They will also be expected to participate in the preliminary plans of initiating a doctoral programme that the IED-EA plans to introduce.
How to Apply
For job description, application and submission details please visit our website http://www.aku.edu or email your query to the Human Resources Office email@example.com to formally submit your application please send an updated CV and testimonials, including the names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone/fax numbers of two professional references to AKU-TIHE P.O.BOX 125, DAR ES SALAAM; Fax (+255) (0) 22 2150875. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: 4th March, 2016
Source: The Guardian 22nd February, 2016
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793