REPOA is an independent research institution, registered under the laws of Tanzania in 1994 which primarily undertakes research on socio-economic and development issues to influence inclusive development and pro-poor policy. The organization aims to undertake, facilitate and encourage strategic research; develop the capacity of the intellectual resource; and facilitate and stimulate the utilization of research findings.
REPOA is currently seeking applications from interested individuals for the position of Researcher.
The purpose of this role is to participate in the various strategic researches in achieving REPOA strategic mandate.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Participate in development of concept notes and terms of reference for various research assignments.
- Participate in development of data collection processes and tools.
- Participate in development of research proposals and research design in response to internal strategic needs, call for proposals, or terms of references.
- Participate in review/evaluation of research proposals and/or in identification of reviewers for various research proposals and research outputs.
- Carry out data analysis and report writing for various research projects.
- Train research assistants and assistant researchers, manage fieldwork and ensure effective data processing for various research projects.
- Participate in needs identification for strengthening the capacity of various stakeholders.
- Participate in preparation of work plans and budgets for various research programs.
- Undertake publications based on research and new developments in the relevant areas of specialization.
10. Ensure that outcomes and impacts of research outputs are monitored and reported.
PhD or Master Degree in social sciences or other relevant field with a minimum of three years of experience and three good publications.
Mode of Application:
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply and should send their typed application letter and detailed CV including three referees to the address below by 26th February 2016.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only selected applicants who meet requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director, REPOA
157 Mgombani Street, Regent Estate P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655 Fax: (22) 2775738
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.