Position: Pre-Primary &Primary Teacher
Reporting to: Head Teacher
Contract: Full-time position (incl. half day working day on Saturdays during term time).
Deadline: 26th February 2016 5pm
Summary of Position:
Silverleaf Academy is a new group of affordable, high quality schools in Tanzania. Our mission is to provide the highest quality learning at the most affordable levels. We are launching our first set of primary schools in the towns of Moshi and Arusha. Silverleaf Academy is looking for an experienced and qualified Primary Teacher who will be able tochallenge and inspire pupils to help them widen their knowledge and understanding by using interactive and engaging teaching methods to encourage pupils to actively take part in classroom activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lesson planning and preparationin line with curriculum objectives
· Ability and desire to mentor Teaching Assistants in and out of class throughout the academic year
· To develop and promote the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude
· Able to develop pupil’s cognitive, numerical and verbal reasoning skills by using creative, interactive and engaging teaching methods to encourage pupils to actively participate in classroom activities
· Responsible for preparing lesson plans and teaching pupils in accordance with the national curriculum and assessing and recording progress and prepare pupils for examinations
· Pay attention to each individual pupils progress and evaluate their learning abilities by setting assignments and homework projects
· Marking students work and providing them with necessary feedback, encouragement and support
· Attend parents evening and meet with pupils parents to discuss their children’s academic progress
· Educating pupils in a fun and engaging manner
· Required to continuously keep up to date on new teaching methods and developments in the curriculum
· Required to lead students in a variety of extra-curricular activities, such as music, sports, life skills and entrepreneurship training
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent
· Qualified Teacher from a recognized school, with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience in Tanzania.
· Professional knowledge and experience of teaching all areas of the Pre-primary &Primary Tanzanian curriculum
· Proven experience and clear understanding of the essential qualities for effective teaching and learning
· Strong teaching, communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in written and verbal skills in both English and Swahili
· Interest in technology coupled with ability and/or willingness to use electronic tablets for delivering the curriculum
· Experience working in an English-Medium school will be an added advantage
· Experience of opening a new school will be an added advantage
· Desire to continue consistent in-service teacher training and seek longer term school leadership positions
Candidates interested and who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their CV including contact details of three professional references and a Cover Letter (indicating their suitability for this position) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for receiving application will be 26th February 2016 5pm.
Please clearly indicate “Application for Qualified Teacher” in your email subject line. Please note due to the volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793