UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT,
GENDER, ELDERS AND CHILDREN
GOVERNMENT CHEMIST LABORATORY AGENCY25th February, 2016
The Government Chemist Laboratory Agency is an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elders and Children. The Laboratory is mandated in carrying out laboratory testing of Industrial and natural products samples; forensic and toxicological samples; Regulates and controls Human DNA. The Agency is expected to better meet the requirements of its customers and public in general.
In order to meet the above obligations, the Government Chemist Laboratory Agency wishes to recruit qualified Tanzanian to fill 1 post for Plumbing Technician Grade I. The terms of employment is a contract of two years, renewable based on good performance as follows:
Job Title: Plumbing Technician Grade I - 1 Post
• Holder of Form IV Secondary Education Certificate (CSEE)
• Holder of VETA Plumbing Certificate of not less than Grade II or VETA Plumbing Certificate (Trade Test Certificate Grade I or II)
• Must have experience of installing water systems both clean water and sewage
• Must have experience of installing fire fighting systems
• Must have capabilities to find out various problems and its maintenance related to water pipes, pumps and tanks
• Must have capabilities to read and translate engineering drawings of clean water and sewage.
• Those having working experience of at least three (3) years in related field will be more considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To study the GCLA water supply system from DAWASCO and distribution within GCLA buildings.
• To maintain drainage and sewage systems.
• To deal with water troubleshooting and repair of water supply systems.
• To assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clumps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
• To control distribution of water for every area at GCLA.
• To prepare and maintain list of water and sanitation equipment.
• To trace water system faults and eliminates the same.
• To perform regular inspection of water system and equipment for the purpose of identifying weaknesses and take proactive measures to fix the problems before causing major damage/loss.
• To prepare budget estimates and specifications for water equipment and spare parts.
• To provide equipment specification and inputs for procurement of water and sewage equipment and outsourced services.
• To manage water consumption, make reconciliation of water bills and advice management on how to control water consumption at GCLA.
• To perform regular inspection of water systems at GCLA zonal offices, produce report and propose ways to settle the identified water problems.
• To prepare and implement preventive maintenance program for water system and equipment.
Salary Scale: GCS 4.1
Terms of Service: Contract
Location: Dar es Salaam
• All applicants must be Tanzania Citizens who are not above 45 years old and must attach legal documents such as birth certificate or passport to support their citizenship.
• Applicants must attach an up - to date detailed Curriculum Vitae having reliable contact postal address and telephone numbers.
• Attach three coloured passport size photos.
• Applicants must attach their relevant copies of Certificates.
• Form IV results slips are strictly not accepted.
• Indicates three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
• Applications shall be submitted from the date of this advertisement and the deadline is 10th March, 2016 at 15:00pm.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
• Both hand and postal delivery are acceptable.
• All certificates shall have clear certificate numbers to be considered valid.
How to Apply
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS
Chief Government Chemist
Government Chemist Laboratory Agency
Barack Obama Drive
P.O. Box 164
DAR ES SALAAM
Mkemia Mkuu wa Serikali
Wakala wa Maabara ya Mkemia Mkuu wa Serikali
Barabara ya Barack Obama
Source: The Guardian 25th February, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.