BAYLOR INTERNATIONAL PEDIATRIC AIDS INITIATIVE (BIPAI)Baylor College of Medicine' Children's Foundation Tanzania is a Non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to supporting 'the provision of high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV -exposed and infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania through service delivery; training and research. Baylor Tanzania is part of the Baylor International Pediatric AIDS initiative (BIPAI clinical centers of Excellence Network Which is headquartered at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Through collaboration with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Government of Tanzania Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW), Baylor - Tanzania is looking for highly motivated, well-qualified individual to join its growing program team in the following vacant position:
Location: Mbeya Center of Excellence
Reports to: Clinical Director
Position Summary: To provide counseling to patients with medical problems affected by nutritional status and nutrition education to patients with a focus on disease prevention.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides nutritional counseling on an individual basis upon referral by clinicians as a part of the clinical treatment plan.
• Assess nutritional needs and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
• Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
• Counsel individuals and groups of patients on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
• Provides nutritional counseling for groups of patients needing ongoing assistance with management of a specific nutritional problem as a part of the overall clinical treatment plan.
• Develops and implements new nutrition programs and services based on patients' needs.
• Directs the implementation of the nutrition component of the Program.
• Serves as a consultant to the Women's Clinic Clinicians in the prevention and treatment of patients with clinical problems which have a nutritional component.
• Serves as a consultant to physicians in the medical clinics in the management of diabetic patients.
• Conducts a peer education outreach program in basic nutrition and maintains supervisory responsibility for peer education outreach activities.
• Develops and maintains print and non-print educational materials on nutritional topics for use by patients and clinicians.
• Provides in-service educational programs for clinicians on nutritional topics as needed.
• Performs related work as required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Graduate from a recognized university with a degree in nutrition or its equivalent in nutrition education with licensure as a registered dietitian with at least two years experience in the same field.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of nutritional care and counseling.
• Skill in planning of nutrition education programs.
• Skill in involving potential program users in the program activities.
• Ability to identify nutrition education needs and to develop appropriate programs to meet those needs.
• Ability to communicate ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to deal effectively with individuals and groups.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, community leaders, and staff.
Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation - Tanzania
P.O. Box 2663
Deadline 12th February 2016
Send it by email on email: email@example.com
Source: Daily News 1st February, 2016
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793