THE BANK THAT LISTENSJOB TITLE: INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR
CRDB Bank PLC is a leading, private commercial bank in Tanzania. Established in 1996, the Bank has grown and prospered over the years to become the most innovative and trusted bank in the country. The Bank reached an important milestone when it was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange on the 17th of June, 2009. CRDB Bank owns two subsidiary companies-CRDB Microfinance services Company Limited and CRDB Bank Burundi S.A.
The Board of Directors would like to invite applications from suitable candidates for the position of Independent Director. A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a part of the Board of Directors, the Independent Director will have the following primary duties and responsibilities.
• To determine the Bank`s vision, mission and values, continuously monitor and evaluate its strategy and ensure the Bank survives and thrives.
• To govern the bank by broad policies and objectives, as formulated and agreed with the managing director.
• To assess the performance and effectiveness of the Board as a whole, and that of individual Directors.
• To select and appoint the Managing Director of the Bank, review and evaluate his/her performance regularly and offer administrative guidance.
• To oversee the Risk Management function within the Bank and its subsidiaries, and the effective management of investor relations.
• To appoint direct reports to the Managing Director.
• To regularly attend Board and other important meetings, and participate effectively and with commitment in Board assignments.
• To keep well-informed about Bank matters, be well-prepared for meetings and actively participate in annual evaluation and planning activities.
• To build a collegial working relationship with the Board.
• A professional banker or lawyer, or accomplished entrepreneur.
• Entrepreneurship, management experience and knowledge of banking.
• No criminal record.
• No involvement as a member of the Management or Board of Directors with a banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation.
• Clean credit record, including that of related parties.
• No history of bankruptcy.
• Multi-skilled candidates with legal knowledge will have an added advantage.
Mode of Application
Qualified and experienced candidates are requested to apply with the following:
• An application letter detailing your suitability for the position.
• A comprehensive curriculum Vitae (CV).
• Certified copies of relevant certificates and awards.
• Certified copies of your current passport (last two pages).
• Three recent passport size photographs.
• Letters from 3 referees (2 professional, 1 personal).
• Declaration of indebtedness to Banks.
• The application should not be a shareholder of CRDB Bank PLC, an employee of a shareholder or have a relationship to the Management or the Board.
• Only successful candidates will be contacted.
• Upcountry candidates will be required to meet their own travel and accommodation costs for any interviews.
• Interested candidates are invited to send their application to:
People Dynamics Limited
DAR ES SALAAM – TANZANIA
The deadline of the application is close of business on 29th February, 2016
Source: Daily News 15th February, 2016
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793