TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENTThe Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity, is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill top management positions in the Company. Women are encouraged to apply.
Specific attributes for the Position to be filled:
The required candidate must:
• Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Possess leadership, project management, problem solving, negotiation, research and analytical skills.
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
• Possess knowledge and competency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application.
POSITION: CHIEF LEGAL COUNSEL & COMPANY SECRETARY
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
Division: Company Secretariat
Responsible for the efficient administration of the company particularly with regard to compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and ensuring that decisions of the Board of Directors are implemented.
• Perform a strategic role to the executive management and the board as a secretary to all meetings and ensure proper and accurate records of the proceedings are kept.
• Manage and supervise the secretariat function to ensure that it contributes to the strategic effectiveness and operational efficiency of the organization and that it achieves its objectives as planned.
• Manage the secretariat functions (litigation, contracts, legal and regulatory compliance) and processes.
• Monitor changes in relevant legislations and the regulatory environment, and take appropriate actions to communicate and adopt them in TANESCO to ensure compliance.
• Promote proactive and constructive management of secretariat business unit by developing appropriate strategic objectives for secretarial, contract and legal sections for the purpose of supporting all business units of the Company.
• Assist in execution of contracts on behalf of the Company by contributing effectively in the business processes redesign and policies review.
• Custodian of the Company Seal and Legal documents.
• Manage, develop and ensure proper utilization of resources (human capital, financial and other Company assets) within the department in order to support Corporate Business sustainability.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB)
• Master’s Degree in Law/Business Administration
• Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania.
• 8 years working experience (3 years in Senior Managerial Position)
POSITION: SENIOR MANAGER PROCUREMENT
Reporting to: Managing Director
Lead and manage the implementation of the approved Company’s procurement and disposal plans.
• Prepare and manage the annual procurement plan of the Company taking into account the needs and resources.
• Manage and facilitate the entire procurement process as well as and disposal by tender activities of the Company.
• Act as a secretary to the Tender Board, and ensure proper functioning of the Tender Board and coordinate the implementation of its decisions.
• Keep records on all procurement and disposal by tender processes including maintaining a register of all contracts awarded.
• Manage key supplier relationship to deliver performance in cost saving and quality including technical input for negotiation on strategically significant contracts.
• Manage and maintain good business relationship with Service providers, contractors and other procurement stakeholders within procurement legal frame work of the country to ensure optimal performance including provision of technical inputs to negotiation in strategic contracts.
• Ensure compliance with the Public Procurement Act and its regulations.
• Advice the Management on all issues related to procurement and disposal by tender activities of the company in compliance with the requirements prescribed under the Public Procurement Act and its regulations including any guidelines issued by PPRA from time to time.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/ Commerce /Finance / Engineering
• Master’s Degree in related field
• Holder of a recognized professional certification by PSPTB
• 8 years of working experience (3 years in a senior position)
Contract of three (3) years – renewable based on performance.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit a detailed application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position, and how you will add value, a detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates you wish to use in supporting your applications, three referees and two (2) passport size photographs to the address shown below. Deadline for receiving applications is 10th March, 2016
Applicants must clearly show their complete address including mobile telephone numbers and email addresses. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK
UBUNGO P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM
Source: The Guardian 26th February, 2016a
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793