MTL CONSULTING COMPANY LIMITED
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESMTL Consulting Company Limited (MTL) is a consulting firm specializing in mining, oil & gas and environmental management, it is based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania with operations in other East African countries. The company is on a growth path and is seeking to recruit qualified, dynamic and experienced experts to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Environment Manager
This is a management level position and requires a well qualified, experienced and skilled team leader. The incumbent will head the Environment Department and report to the Managing Director. He/she will be responsible for planning, supervision and implementation of all Environment Projects (ESIAs, Audits, Monitoring, etc.). Specific Key responsibilities include.
• Department and preparation of project proposals in collaboration with the projects manager.
• Planning and supervision of field work.
• Coordinating laboratory analysis of samples.
• Writing project reports.
• Managing staff reporting to him/her (Environment Engineers/Scientists, sociologists, Technicians, etc.)
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competences
• A PHD or MSc in Environmental Sciences/Engineering with additional training in either Mining, Mineral exploration or petroleum exploration and development; or a PHD or MSc. In mining Engineering or Geology with additional training in Environmental Sciences/Engineering.
• At least 5 years post graduation working experience in the extractive industry (Mining, mineral exploration or petroleum exploration/development).
• Knowledge and experience in conducting ESTAs, Environmental Audits or Environmental Monitoring for large scale projects.
• Demonstrable report writing and communication skills in English.
• Fully computer literate.
Job Title: Project Manager
This is a senior technical level position and requires a well-qualified, experienced and skilled expert. The incumbent will report to the managing director and will be responsible for planning and implementation of all company projects.
Specific key responsibilities include:
• Development and preparation of project proposals.
• Coordinating technical implementation of company projects.
• Budgeting and allocation of financial resources to ongoing projects.
• Ensuring timely preparation of project reports in collaboration with other departmental managers.
• Marketing and business Development for the company
• Putting in place and enforcing Quality control and assurance systems
• Managing staff reporting to him/her
Key Qualifications Experience and Competences
• At least an MSc. In Mining Engineering, Geosciences of Environmental post graduate qualifications in project management will be an added advantage.
• Those with mining/geosciences qualifications will require at least 5 years post graduation working experience in environmental related projects, those with environmental engineering/science qualification will require at least 5 years post-graduation experience in a Mining or Oil & Gas exploration/development.
• Demonstrable report writing and communication skills in English
• Fully computer literate.
How to Apply
All applicants for the above posts should be prepared, ready and willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines including working during weekends and public holidays. The positions are available on a 3year renewable contract. An attractive salary and bonus based on performance will be negotiated with successful applicants.
Applicants are requested to submit their applications with detailed CVs and copies of certificates including names of at least two referees by email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is 14th days from first appearance of this advertisement in the media.
Source: Daily News 22nd February, 2016
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793