EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESPact Tanzania is a field office of "Pact" an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides. For efficient execution of its duties, Pact Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the below mentioned positions:
Economic Strengthening Coordinator: 3 positions
Job Title: ESC (Mwanza, Mbeya and Ruvuma)
Reporting To: Regional Program Officer
The Economic Strengthening Coordinator serves as an active member of Pamoja Tuwalee Program team for implementation of Pact's OVC activities. This position is crucial to the success of Household Economic Intervention which is a key component integrated into PT Program. The Coordinator is required to closely support District Implement Partners by ensuring that the capacity is built to implement HES activities and manage the staff (Empowerment Workers) who support HES activities at the ward level. The position reports to the regional Program Officer and requires a high degree of integrity, professionalism, flexibility and perseverance, as well as the ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in the field.
• Ensure that Pamoja Tuwalee program approaches, objectives and goals are well understood and implemented accordingly by MVC partners.
• Support Regional Program Officer to ensure that referrals and linkages are well understood and implemented accordingly by MVC/OVC partners.
• Provide mentoring, coaching and training to staff of partner organizations as a means to develop their capacities to deliver the program
• Support district Partners to develop their capacity to deliver WORTH trainings in their localities (training of trainers workshops, including Management Committee training, and in other workshops, including mobile workshops)
• Support Partners to strengthen their capacities to manage all aspects of support. to Empowerment Workers and group leaders to ensure that they can fulfill their obligations to each other and to the groups they serve in a timely and transparent manner.
• Provides technical support to partner organizations in developing program descriptions, budgets and action plans as part of improving their planning skills and capabilities
• Collaborate with Program team to revise relevant HES materials to meet new learning needs of groups;
• Support Regional Program Officer to strengthens communication and collaboration with LGA at all levels to ensure ownership and sustainability of the program
• Support Regional Program Officer to ensure effective program implementation
• Support compilation of timely quarterly progress and annual reports regarding program support and implementation
• Oversee and participate in monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Provide technical support to Implementing Partner to ensure smooth coordination of village banking activities including, but not limited to coordination of training activities to provide maximum support to groups to become viable village banks;
• As part of a team player, contribute to the Pact's general mission and goals
• Degree or higher, preferably in one of the Social Sciences; gender studies an advantage.
• Energetic team player who enjoys working with CSOs
• At least five years' experience in a field position with an organization providing literacy, microfinance, micro-enterprise, training, or other development services to women and progressively responsible experience as a program development professional.
• Experience in formulating training programs
• Social Work experience a plus
• Creative thinker
• Ability to work in partnership with team members, partners agencies and community members both the international and national
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of the spectrum of MVC services and challenges faced in delivery of services in vulnerable communities
• Strong in computer (word processing and Excel).
• Strong language capability in both Kiswahili and English.
Senior Social Economic Empowerment Officer (Based Dar es Salaam)
Job Title: Senior Social Economic Empowerment Officer
Reporting to: Structural Intervention Advisor
Serve as an active member of the program team for the implementation of Pact`s Sauti-Tz activities in execution of the program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting Structural Intervention Advisor in implementing Sauti-Tz Work plans strategies.
• Supports Structural Interventions Advisor to provide operational and administrative support to Social and Economic Empowement Officers at regional level and promotes an organizational culture where pacts values are practiced.
• Supports Social and Economic Empowerment Officers and Jhpiego Program staff in providing economic empowerment plan to Jhpiego partners.
• Supervise the SEE Officers
• Help to revise program materials to meet new learning needs of the different implementation component of Sauti-Tz activities.
• Supports and ensures effective program implementation and compiles timely quarterly progress and annual reports regarding program support and implementation
• Ensure that Sauti- Tz program approaches, objectives and goals are well understood and implemented accordingly by the community.
• Work with the Jhpiego Program team to ensure that Sauti-Tz materials and topics are being introduced and regularly discussed within WORTH groups.
• Assist with preparing manuals, booklets and stories for posting on the website related to Sauti-Tz program.
• Assist in the revision of program materials to meet new learning needs of groups;
• Participate effectively by leading training in all training 01 trainers workshops, including Management Committee training, and in other Economic Strengthening workshops, including mobile workshops
• Gather and analyze data for Project Monitoring and Evaluation
• Prepare periodic progress and final reports regarding Pact's Sauti- Tz activities.
• Liaise with Social Services on individual cases to ensure that the targeted groups get the help they need.
• Participate in providing input for drafting a Sauti-Tz policy and related procedures for Pact Tanzania and Jhpiego partners, with the aim of promoting an understanding of the role of staff in supporting the targeted groups.
• Contribute to general capacity-building strategy for targeted service providers and other local partners including participation in the development and delivery of training workshops and other capacity building interventions related to Sauti-Tz program.
• Provides mentoring, coaching and training to Empowerment workers as a means to develop their capacities to deliver the program
• Conducts frequent field visits to be able to implement the program as per agreed work plans
• Strengthens communication and collaboration with LGA at all levels to ensure ownership and sustainability of the program
• Provide technical support to implementing Partner to ensure smooth' coordination of village banking activities including, but not limited to coordination of training activities to provide maximum support to groups to become viable village banks. ..' . :
• Manage all aspects 'of support to, IPs in managing Empowerment Workers and group leaders to ensure 'that they can fulfill their obligations to each other and to the groups they serve in a timely and transparent manner. . . .
• Coordinate, village banking support activities at the regional level including, but not limited to, supporting Jhpiego IPs in the coordination of training activities to provide maximum support to groups to become viable village banks
• Cooperating and promoting collaboration with the Programs, Finance, and M&E teams within Pact
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in field(s) relevant to fulfilment of the duties and responsibilities as described above.
• Energetic team player who enjoys working with CSOs
• At least five years of progressively responsible experience as a program development professional. Experience in formulating training programs
• Preference for candidates that have been involved in donor funded development programs.
• Social Work experience a plus
How to Apply
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position and curriculum vitae detailing your experience with three referees to: humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org.
Note: The subject of your email should mention the position you are applying and region of interest.
Closing date for applications: 26th February, 2016 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Source: The Guardian 19th February, 2016
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793