INTERNATIONAL TRAINING & EDUCATION CENTER FOR HEALTH
JOB VACANCIESThe International Training and Education Centre for Health (I-TECH) is collaboration between the University of Washington, in Seattle, Washington and the University of California, San Francisco. It is a Centre in the University of Washington`s Department of Global Health and has offices throughout Africa, Asia and the Caribbean. I-TECH works in partnership with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), medical facilities, and other organizations to support the development of a skilled health work force and well-organized national health delivery systems. I-TECH`s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operational research and evaluation; and prevention, care, and treatment of infectiou diseases.
Position: Training Development Specialist (TDS)
Reports to: Heath System Strengthening Director
Contract: Temporary for 6 months
Location: Dar es salaam
Travel: 30% of the time
The TDS for I-TECH Tanzania will develop, adapt, review and revise training materials in support of country-specific project objectives, following I-TECH guidelines and best practices.
The Training Development Specialist will be responsible for the following
• Participate in meetings with partner organizations, MOHSW representatives, technical experts and colleagues to establish training course content, leaning objectives and draft or revise curricula.
• Apply adult learning theory to design training curricula and materials, including the use of audient appropriate participatory methods.
• Format and organize complex Microsoft Word documents in British English and Swahili.
• Create and format Microsoft PowerPoint sides.
• Proof-read documents for grammatical, typographical errors and integrate reviewer notes.
• Copy, paste and insert diagrams, photos, and other images into documents.
• Produce and print curricula materials.
• Facilitate sessions of training courses as needed.
• Assist in piloting materials and orienting facilitators to materials.
• Communicate effectively with TDT members and appropriate program staff in the country office and I-TECH headquarters to collectively complete curriculum projects.
• Assist to build curriculum development capacity in partner organizations by guiding individuals and groups through the curriculum development process.
• Bachelor`s degree in education, social or health-related field. A Master`s degree in education or a health related field will be an added advantage.
• Experience in facilitation of training courses for adults.
• Experience in curriculum development and instructional systems design.
• Advanced computer skills-Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe.
• Ability to prioritize organize, format and simplify large amounts of information from many sources.
• Strong written English and Swahili skills –grammar, vocabulary, clarity.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work with health care providers in rural areas with limited resources as well as with senior government officials ministries and other senior level staff from partner organizations.
• Positive attitude, strong team player, ability to juggle multiple competing demands with good hum or and grace.
Please submit your application letter and CV ONLY to Human Resources Manager via: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than March 11th, 2016. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 29th February, 2016.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793