JOB OPPORTUNITYAbt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2 (AIRS 2) project. The PMI AIRS Project supports the president`s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAUD Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates for the project`s operations in Mwanza, Tanzana, Brief descriptions and qualification requirements for open positions are listed below.
To be considered for any position, an applicatnt must submit his/her CV and an application letter that provides details of the applicant`s specific qualifications for the desired position to: IRS-Tanzania@abtassoc.com
In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position for which you are applying. If you wish to apply for more than one position, please submit separate applications for each position. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
Candidates may also apply through Abt Associates` website at the following link: http://www.abtassociates.com/Careers.aspx. interested candidates can either search “Tanzania”, or by requisition ID number 24011.
Job Title: Procurement officer
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Admin manager, the administrative manager9/Procurement Officer is responsible for the procurement function of the project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include the following
• Performs local procurements of goods and services, in coordination with the project`s Operations Manager, following all relevant USID and Abt Associates policies and procedures, including:
• Define the commodity specifications in coordination with the operations and entomology teams.
• Prepare and conduct local tenders.
• Maintain of a registry of local and regional vendors.
• Organize the receipt and assessment of quotations, and the selection of preferred bids.
• Develop and maintain a tool to track purchase orders and outstanding vendor payments.
• Quality control and receipt of delivered goods, and the processing of customs clearance and tax waivers, as needed.
Qualification Requirements include the following
• Bachelors Degree in Business, management, administration, or other relevant field.
• At least four (4) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the procurement of commodities.
• Experience at USAID funded development programs, and thorough knowledge of federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is required.
• Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills.
• English language fluency.
The deadline to apply should be on 22nd February, 2016
Source: Daily News 11th February, 2016
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793