TECHNICAL DIRECTOR FOR AN ANTICIPATED USAID-FUNDED:COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH SERVICES DELIVERY (CHSD) HEALTH PROGRAM
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
FHI 360 is now seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Director for an anticipated USAID-funded: Comprehensive Health Services Delivery (CHSD) Health Program. The purpose of the project is to support Government of Tanzania (GoT) efforts to increase access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, especially for women and youth, with focus on maternal, neonatal, child and reproductive health and nutrition outcomes.
The Technical Director will be responsible for technical leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated. The Technical Director will manage the design and implementation of key components of the program and ensure adherence to global standards of excellence in health programming. The position is anticipated to be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania but can be revised after the final SOW. The position will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent on successful award of the project and the selected applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinating the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Tanzania context;
· Maintaining and encouraging high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines. Ensuring state of the art and evidence-based best practices in health programming are integrated into project strategies to enhance their quality and effectiveness;
· Identifying technical assistance and capacity building needs; identifying human resources from a wide range of sources (project staff, partners, government counterparts); and coordinating provision of technical assistance
· Promoting sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of local staff and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations;
· Conducting and/or participating in technical quality assessments;
· Leading and/or contributing to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
· Coordinating with partners, government counterparts and other stakeholders to achieve project objectives;
· Master's Degree in public health, or a closely related field is required;
· 8 + years of experience designing, implementing and managing large, complex projects involving multiple partners, in/for developing countries;
· 5 + years working in Tanzania or another developing country is preferred;
· Must have depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience in designing and implementing comprehensive public health interventions, and related capacity strengthening;
· Strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical expertise in public health programming: health systems strengthening (HSS) and the core technical areas – reproductive health/family planning (FP/RH), maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH), malaria, HIV and TB;
· Experience with implementing comprehensive public health interventions, and related capacity strengthening;
· Experience with a USG cooperative agreement preferred;
· Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies;
· Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English;
· Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow;
· Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.