CAREER OPPORTUNITY at UMATI
UMTI has a long history of leadership in SRH program in the country including pioneering in Family Planning (FP) services, SRHR programs for young people, integrated clinic and community based service delivery approaches. Re-Accredited by IPPF in 2015, UMATI is a full member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and is governed by a well-established volunteer structure.
The association has equal employment opportunity and is intenging to fill the post mentioned below at its Head Office based in Dar Es salaam.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Report to: Executive Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Human Resource (HRM) will be responsible for the development processes and metrics that support the achievement of people-related services, policies, and programs and advises line managers on human resource issues. The HRM will also responsible for coordination of governance and accreditation related metters, and general administrative issues.
• Administering the hiring process, including advertising open positions, reviewing resumes, coordinating and conducting interviews, conducting reference and background checks, drafting offer letters.
• Coordinating the induction and orientation process for new employees.
• Maintaining up-to-date personnel information and files.
• Ensure availability of qualified, multi skilled staff to meet organizations requirements and that efficient and economic use of human resources is maintained.
• Administer maintenance, interpretation and review of the Organization Human Resource Manual.
• Dealing with industrial relations matters and ensure all Associations HR policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment and labour relations law.
• Administering performance appraisals, promotions, demotions and redundancy of employees in consultation with respective Heads of Departments and Sectios.
• Managing employee relations absenteeism, discipline, grievances, sickness, etc.
• Administration of staff compensation and benefits schemes.
• Conducts wage surveys within labour market to determine competitive wage rates
• Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Administration of employee ongoing development.
• Administer staff loans and leave
• Ensure adequacy of employee safari, wellness and health.
• Ensure relevant Insurance policy cover for the association motor vehicles, fire, theft and life.
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and help in resolving work-related problems.
• Provide monthly report, and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual HR plans and progress reports as required.
• Serving as recorder to the NEC/Management meetings.
• Conducting and analyzing exit interviews to determine reasons for exit and progress reports as required.
• Coordinate Governance related activities including volunteer meetings.
• Coordinate efforts of volunteers and staff including volunteer meetings.
• Coordinate efficient use Association`s resources.
• Working with volunteer and staff in identifying, lobbying and recruiting corporate and life members of UMATI and utilizing them for Association benefit.
• Performing other related duties as may be required.
• A successful candidate must possess a master’s degree in human resources or public Administration.
• At least five years (5) working experience in a reputable organization on a related field.
• Computer literate and possession of knowledge on labour laws
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide of intellectual practical problems.
• Ability to develop strategic solutions to meet workforce demands and labor force trends.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with staff members, public officials, representatives and other stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details.
• Self motivated and ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively under pressure.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Kiswahili and English.
• Understanding and experience of the voluntary sector.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to perform every HR function.
Mode of Application
Interested eligible candidates are invited to send their application letters enclosing their detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contact information of three reliable referees including names, addressees, telephone/ mobile numbers and email accounts. All applications should be addressed and sent to the address below not later than 14 days from the date of this advertisement.
The Executive Director
DAR ES SALAAM
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 25th February, 2016
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793