UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO.LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: Finance and Administrative Officer (3 posts)
Location: Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
The Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) project funded by USAID is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services throng technical support to service delivery institutions, country ministries of health, USAID country missions, and cooperating Agencies. The project is a global leader in the advocacy, development, and promotion of cost-effective methods to design and improve healthcare services and systems in developing and middle-income countries. The ASSIST Project is managed by the Quality and Performance Institute (QPI), a division of University Research Co.LLC. in Tanzania, ASSIST supports the Ministry of Health and social welfare to improve and strengthen systems for delivery of quality HIV/IDS care. In this context, three finance and Administration officers (FAOs) are required to support the project office in Dar es Salaam. Please visit our websites at www.urc-chs.com for more information on the ASSIST project and URC-CHS.
The Finance and Administration Officer (FAOs) will work under supervision of a Senior Finance and Administration Manager to prepare financial statements, payroll, conduct project purchases, maintain project accounts, administer project staff, office as well as project assets in line with USID/URC financial and budget policies. This position will provide financial, administrative and procurement support to the ASSIST office in Dar es Salaam.
• Process and prepare for payment suppliers` invoices maintain computerized accounts.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of project budgets.
• Capture project financial data accurately and ensure the production of the financial reports such as the field reports, timesheets, and expenditures reports, travel expense statements for staff and consultants for verification by the finance manager.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of monthly projections, for verication by the finance manager before submission to home office.
• Timely submission of all financial report and billings including the financial field Report in line with USAID/URC regulations.
• Assist in expenditure tracking and work to develop program appropriate expenditure tracking systems in line with budgets and project activities.
• Implement financial policies including travel, DSA, M-PESA, procurement and commodity management policies.
• To oversee/conduct project procurements while ensuring that they are competitive and in line with USAID/URC financial regulations.
• To ensure that the ASSIST office at Dar es Salaam is organized (e.g. clean office environment, respond to all business inquiries, handle procurement of goods and services appropriately)
• To ensure travel processes and procedures are adhered by in all trips supported by ASSIST project.
• To coordinate all travel, including ensuring proper authorization, bookings, car log and driver logs.
• To maintain proper log of all incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as a central filing system that includes reports, correspondence, contracts, etc.
• Bachelor level degree in Accounts, Business Administration, Finance or other related experience.
• 3-5 years working experience in the financial/procurement field.
• 1-2 years` experience with USAID or other government funded project administration management and supervision activity.
• Excellent financial management, systems development and writing skills.
• Experience with Quick Books accounting software highly preferred.
• Proficiency in broken and written English.
• Track record of being able to work successfully in a team environment.
• Computer literacy.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to: HRTanzania@urc-chs.com
Deadline is 4th March, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Source: Daily News 26th February, 2016
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793