CASHEWNUT INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT TRUST FUND (CIDTF)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYThe Cashewnut Industry Development Trust Fund (CIDTF) is a body incorporated under the provisions of Trustees' Incorporation Act (Chapter 375 RE 2002). The main objective for the establishment of the Fund is to provide a mechanism through which stakeholders could contribute and finance the shared functions for sustainable development of the cashew sub-sector. The main stakeholders of the Fund are The Central Government, Local Government Authorities (LGAs) growing cashew, cashewnut processors, cashewnut farmers, among others. The Fund has been in operation since year 20 I 0 and has accomplished great strides in areas of inputs sourcing and distribution, training and extension services, supporting small and medium processors, supporting cashew research activities, strengthening the cashew marketing system and investment planning whereof it is currently embarking on establishing three new Cashewnut processing factories.
CIDTF is looking for qualified, dynamic and experienced Tanzanian to fill the vacancy of the Executive Secretary. The Executive Secretary is the Chief Executive Officer and Secretary to the Board of Trustees responsible for the day-to-day management of the Fund. The successful candidate will work under a contract of three years, renewable upon satisfactory performance as detailed below:
POSITION: EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
To ensure effective coordination and proper management of the Fund by developing and implementing the Fund's strategies in collaboration with the Cashewnut Stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruiting, managing, developing and motivating staff and creating an effective management team.
• Planning, organizing and coordinating the Fund's activities in line with Stakeholders Vision and Mission,
• Managing finances and improving liquidity of the Fund,
• Working closely with the Trustees in developing budgets and revenue targets in accordance with the Mission of the Fund,
• Ensuring that the current revenue raising methods are efficient and effective, legitimate and worthwhile and developing new revenue sources which will enhance the Fund's liquidity,
• Comply with the laws governing the Fund and any changes in taxation and other laws relating to the Fund,
• Disseminating the decisions and recommendations adopted by the Board of Trustees to Cashewnut Stakeholders,
• Organizing the Trustee's and Settlers' meetings as per Fund's Deed,
• Organizing annual stakeholders meeting in close collaboration with the Cashewnut Board of Tanzania,
• Ensuring that proper Books of Accounts of the Fund are maintained and audited at the end of each financial year by an authorized Auditor registered by NBAA appointed by the Trustees, and
• Carrying out any other tasks as shall be assigned by the Board of Trustees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• The right candidate for the post will be a holder of a good Bachelor and a Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Engineering, Economics or any other related field.
• Candidates with a PhD or other professional qualifications will have an added advantage.
• The candidate should have a post qualification working experience of at least 10 years at a senior managerial level in a reputable organization.
• The candidate should be aged not more than 48 years.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be hardworking, innovative and a good team player.
• Must be capable of working under minimum supervision.
• Must demonstrate a good track record of outstanding performance, honesty and integrity.
A competitive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience related to the advertised post or other similar jobs.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Hand written applications accompanied by CV, certified copies of degree certificates, academic transcripts, testimonials and any other supporting documents should reach the undersigned not later than three weeks from the first appearance of this advertisement. Only persons who meet minimum requirements should submit their applications. Short listed candidates will be notified of the date and venue of the interview.
Cashewnut Industry Development Trust Fund
P. O. Box 1252
Tel.: 023 2334310
Source: Daily News 26th February, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793