VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTThe Guardian Limited, a reputable Tanzania media organisation well known for publishing highly rated newspapers including the Guardian, Nipashe and LeteRaha, Seeks to recruit a senior and experienced editor to join its editorial team.
Position Title: Content Editor
Terms of Employment
Two-year fixed contract (renewable, subject to satisfactory performance) with a probationary period of six months, with an attractive remuneration package.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must have
• A degree in any specialty plus a postgraduate diploma in journalism
• A degree in journalism-related studies
• At least five years experience in active journalism or journalism-related work.
• Ability to generate ideas for quality news stories and other news material.
• Ability to make informed decisions quickly and efficiently handle several tasks at once
• Experience in writing stories and editing in a team environment.
• An educational background in history, politics, journalism, law and/or digital media.
Reports to Managing Editor
Scope of Job
• Overall planning, execution and co-ordination of news gathering operations, which will call for a sound understanding of Tanzania`s social, economic and political climate.
• Anticipating and following up newsworthy events, developments and personifies to ensure informed coverage. This will demand proven ability to see tomorrow`s big story today.
• Obtaining well researched and up to date reports on newsworthy events and developments.
• Ensuring that all news stories, feature articles and commentaries are written and edited professionally enough to meet the Guardian Limited`s long-established editorial objectives and policies, including observance of journalistic ethics and house style.
• Ensuring that all articles are delivered within set deadlines.
• Assessing the political, social and economic climate well enough to anticipate likely newsworthy events and developments.
• Briefing and generally guiding reporters and other writers on quality news coverage and the writing of news stories.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants meeting the above job requirements should submit their handwritten applications with two passport size photographs glued at the top of the application accompanied with the following.
1. A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Photocopies of birth certificate
3. Copies of Certification academic certificates.
4. Provide three names of referees with their contact postal; addresses, emails and phone numbers.
Application should reach the undermentioned not later than 20th March, 2016 at 16:00hrs.
The Guardian Limited
Human Resource Manager
Plot Number 122,
Mikocheni Light Industrial Area
DAR ES SALAAM – TANZANIA
Note: only short listed applicants will be contacted
Source: The Guardian 26th February, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793