UNILEVER TEA TANZANIA LIMITEDJob Advertisement
Unilever’s mission is to add vitality to life. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business by 2020 while halving our environmental footprints.
Every day, around the world, people drink cups of tea. Our brands are trusted everywhere and we've grown to become one of the world's most successful fast moving consumer goods companies.
Unilever values employee engagement and development by providing vital and relevant professional experiences. In Unilever, we give you a career.
Unilever Tea Tanzania Limited is a plantation company operating under Unilever Tea, East Africa (UTEA). UTTL employs over 5,500 employees whose safety and security are very important to the business.
We are currently looking to hire Assistant Manager Production, for our Tanzania business. This role will be both office and factory based and requires candidates with knowledge for the job. If you are looking for a career in Unilever then you are the person we are looking for.
DEPARTMENT: Manufacturing Department
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager Production (2 posts)
REPORTS TO: Factory Manager
JOB LOCATION: Mufindi
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
1. Train & develop all staff on primary tea processing and manage Industrial Relations in the factory
2. Ensures that the factory’s annual revenue budget & expenditure controls are in place
3. Ensure hygienic conditions of both the factory & workers are maintained.
4. Deliver the business targets aligned to the Company’s “Job To Be Done”
5. Implement SHEQ recommendations.
6. Interfaces with many roles e.g. other Factories, Engineering, Estates, Medical, Finance, HR, IT, Unions, Customer Development, Planning; QA/WCM; SHE& Security; etc
UNILEVER TEA TANZANIA LIMITED
1. Continuously improve the performance of production units and assets, through operator leadership, application of WCM, effective assets care and use of appropriate technology, to produce consistently the right quality (TANO ZAIDI) in the right amounts.
2. Applying Unilever management systems for product quality, traceability, consumer safety, health and safety at work and environmental care at all stages in manufacturing of black tea.
3. Proactively managing reliable and cost effective manufacturing operations that meet commitments required to deliver customer service levels and which are responsive to market changes.
Other Factories, Estates, Engineering, Estates, Medical, Finance, HR, IT, Unions, Customer Development, Planning; QA&TPM; SHE& Security
WCM and continuous production improvement
Providing shop floor leadership
Benchmarking and managing production performance
Developing and Delivering factory responsiveness e.g. synchronous production
Optimising facility configuration and work systems
Reliability, downtime and maintenance management
Bachelor degree or Advanced Diploma in Food Science/Production Technology or Agricultural/Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical & process Engineering
2-3 Years experience preferred.
All applications should be sent to the address or email below on or before 20th February, 2016. Eligible candidates are required to submit detailed CV with names of three referees and an application letter.
Dar es Salaam
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer!
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793