PATHJob Title: Senior Program Assistant, Global Health Security Project (GHSP)
Tracking Code: 7195
Job Location: Dar es Salaam - Tanzania
Company Location: Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Digital Health Solutions Group is dedicated to scaling Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the developing world. Our work spans the entire software development lifecycle from analysis of information systems to deployment and long-term use of those systems. The Digital Health Solutions group at PATH works with government ministries of health, the information and communication technology sector, the global health sector and donors to improve the design, development, acquisition and implementation of management information systems.
We seek to recruit a Senior Program Assistant, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, who will play an important role in supporting the overall activities of the initiative in Tanzania, work closely with the Tanzanian based team supporting their needs, work closely with the Director of Operations, Program Administrator, and Seattle-based Senior Program Assistant to provide key administrative support liaising between Digital Health Solutions projects in Tanzania and around the globe.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Arrange and manage high level project meetings for members of the project team with Tanzanian government officials, collaborating NGOs, and other Tanzanian stakeholders.
• Assist with developing and monitoring project work plan(s) and timelines(), including tracking of various team activities, key resource allocations, critical-path management, and parallel track planning to ensure milestones and deliverables are constantly defined and monitored within Tanzania.
• Use identified team tools to coordinate communication, work efficiency, and collaboration within the Tanzania team, as well as with team members in other countries as needed through virtual teaming practices.
• Support activities led by technical staff by helping to plan events, logistics, basic information gathering, and support with overall coordination of activities.
• Serve as project point person for email, faxes, social media, and other correspondence; alert appropriate individuals regarding necessary action items and gather information to draft responses to routine incoming correspondence.
• Maintain appropriate electronic and paper information management systems, including maintenance of project files.
• Maintain project calendars and travel schedules and coordinate with Seattle-based Senior Program Assistant on international travel and meetings.
• Schedule and assist with team meetings, including making all arrangements for rooms and equipment, compiling and organizing relevant background materials, preparing agendas, drafting meeting minutes, and monitoring follow-up activities.
• Coordinate arrangements for conferences, workshops, meetings, and other events, including liaising with procurement and addressing equipment needs, catering, travel arrangements, hotel suggestions, taxicabs, and other necessary details for staff, guests, and project consultants.
• Draft correspondence to partners and collaborators, including cover and thank-you letters and general email correspondence.
• Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel expenses, procurement request forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
• Demonstrated strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including proofreading and editing.
• Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
• Effective time management and able to work under time pressures.
• Bachelor’s degree, or associate’s degree with commensurate experience, advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, at least three years’ experience in administrative support, preferably in global development or technology, fluency in Swahili and English required.
• You must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please visit our website http://www.path.org for more details on these positions. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter online to apply through our website not later than Wednesday, January 27th, 2016. We appreciate your application but only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 19th January, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.