UNESCOPost Title: Project Manager
Domain: Communication and Information
Post Number: Grade: P2
Organizational Unit: Dar es Salam UNESCO Office
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Annual salary: Application to be sent: 67 500 dollars approx. firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline (midnight, Paris time): 22 February 2016
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority and direct supervision of the Head of Office, the incumbent will be working in close collaboration with the Head of the Communication and Information (CI) Sector and the CI team and take active part of the Inter-sectorial team of the Office, working closely with the other ED/CLT/SC and the Cross-cutting Issues Unit. S/he will provide technical, managerial and strategic guidance for the implementation of the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC) Funded “Empowering Local Radios with ICTs for the Promotion of Rural Citizens' Participation in Democratic Discourse and Development” Project. In that regard, the incumbent shall carry out the following tasks;
• Provide project management support for effective delivery of the UNESCO/SDC project "Empowering Local Radios with ICTs for the Promotion of Rural Citizens' Participation in Democratic Discourse and Development Project" (SDC Project)
• Organise and implement capacity development activities for the SDC project beneficiaries and partners in particular COMNETA and the Community Radios and the associated SIDA project as well as other related CI activities of the Office in close collaboration with the training expert as well as other partners brought on board.
• Ensure administrative and logistical management of the project activities in line with UNESCO rules and regulations and working in close collaboration with the Administrative Officer and his team for the implementation of the SDC project and its affiliated community radio programme activities.
• Coordinate internal collaboration through proactive inter-sectorial work liaising with the other ED/CLT/SC Sector and the Cross-cutting Unit sector for effective and relevant programme delivery on a comprehensive manner. Externally ensure coordination and efficient liaison and collaboration with COMNETA and the CRs, Ministerial and government bodies and CSOs as well as other relevant partners for the creation of a conducive environment for the operationalization of the Project
• Draft SDC progress reports reflecting effective implementation in line with the project implementation plan and the signed agreement between UNESCO and SDC. In addition s/he will update internal UNESCO reports including SISTER, RMS and other inputs to the regional office, headquarters and any other reporting inputs requested and the Head of Office.
• Work requires knowledge of UNESCOs global priorities for Communication and Information in the use of ICTs to empower rural communities to ensure effective incorporation in Project implementation, as well as, skills for adequate inter-sectorial coordination and consultation including the supervision of project support personnel as Project Lead
• Advanced university degree in Communication and Information, Developmental Studies, ICT in Education or any other related field.
• 2 to 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in management and coordination of research and/or project work (including staff) in the field of communication and information, of which preferably at one year of experience at the international level.
• Strong project management skills including the writing and development of strategic and project planning documents.
• Proven experience in resource mobilization.
• Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to communicate effectively with a network of experts; capacity to develop, motivate, and maintain a network of contacts.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to produce high quality reports including visual communication, and to make effective oral presentations to both technical and general audiences.
• Strong work ethic, sound judgement with capacity for initiative, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations within a multi-cultural environment;
• Ability to lead and supervise staff.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to work under pressure.
• High level command of English is essential.
• Experience within the United Nations System would be a strong asset.
• Familiarity with UNESCO administrative procedures.
• Knowledge of other official UN languages will be an asset.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in US dollars and exempt from income tax. They consist of a basic salary and a post adjustment which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates.
Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel, education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. More details on the ICSC Web site: https://www.icsc.org/
Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
This is a ‘Project Appointment', initially for 1 year, (including a probationary period of 6 months) and is renewable, subject to satisfactory service and availability of funds.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793