ROLE TITLE: Finance Intern
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam
GRADE: As per the Intern Policy
Type of Contract: National
Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
The Finance Intern is responsible for ensuring proper financial and awards filing systems through correctly labelling and documenting for ease of access during reviews and future audits. The post holder will also have opportunity to engage and learn from finance colleagues on SCI financial systems, procedures and processes including month-end accounts closures.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
ü Preparing Payment Vouchers for all transactions in line with approved supporting documentation
ü Recording all transactions on an excel cashbook (daily basis).
ü Ensuring the cashbox is stored securely during cash hours.
ü Preparing weekly and monthly cash counts, reconciling cash balances to cashbook balances – ensuring all codes are fully input by working together with Finance Assistant.
ü Receiving backed up invoices from Finance and Grant Coordinator.
ü Preparing cheques in line with SCI policies, procedures and processes.
ü Filing all associated paperwork for all Dar office cash/bank receipts or payments.
ü Recording all transactions on an excel cashbook on a daily basis, ensuring coding is done properly.
ü Ensuring cheque books are stored safely and securely.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance/or related area
· Interest in learning from others, supporting and training to others.
· Demonstrated good skills and experience in managing financial and office administration systems.
· Knowledge and experience of financial computer applications, including spreadsheets (e.g. Excel).
· Knowledge and experience in word processing and internet communications (including MS Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
· Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Attention to detail and accuracy, strict adherence to organizational policies, procedures and internal control systems.
· Ability to work as part of the team and at times under pressure.
· Commitment to, and understanding of, Save the Children’s aims, values, principals, and the Child Protection Policy
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s vision, mission and values including rights-based approaches
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793