JAPAN INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGENCY (JICA)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYThe Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is the agency of the Government of Japan responsible for implementing Japan`s Official Development Assistance (ODA). To adequately fulfill its objectives and in line with the expansion of its activities in the country, JICA is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the following position:
Job Title: Assistant Program Officer in Charge of Economic Management (Program Section)
Background of the Position
The position is for those who are seeking an opportunity to work at the front line of development cooperation activities primarily on the economic management sector. The recruited staff is expected to cover a wide range of tasks ranging from logistics to substation ones. After obtaining necessary practical knowledge and experiences, the staff is expected to play a key role as the “relationship manager” between JICA and key stakeholders in the sector including the Tanzanian government organization and other development partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervisions of the superiors in the office, the staff will be expected to perform the following activities
• To collect and analyze the first-hand information such as policy and institutional frameworks, and development activities by the Tanzanian government, development partners and other key stakeholders, in the economic management sector in Tanzania and neighboring countries.
• To maintain and enhance good partnership with other relevant stakeholders in order to fulfill the tasks described above and promote JICA`s presence in the sector.
• Monitoring and evaluation of on-going projects, formulation of new projects and follow-up of completed projects in the economic management sector.
• Facilitation of financial assistance of both grant and concessional loan projects. The main tasks include procurement, disbursement, and tax exemption and refund etc, for all sectors including the economic management sector.
• Others: to perform any other duties as may be assigned by the superiors when necessary.
(NOTE) Economic management sector in this duties include macroeconomic policy, development planning, public financial management (including tax and internal audit), and donor coordination such as general budget support.
Applicants should have the following basic qualifications:
Necessary background: Governance, public policy, economic development, etc, it is negotiable.
• Academic qualifications: Bachelor degree in the above mentioned fields.
• Working experience: More than three (3) years (excluding self-employment period if any)
• Age: Between 25 and 30
• Business Skill: MS-Word in business letter writing, EXCEL in calculation, POWERPOINT
If you are interested in the above position, please submit your type written application to the address below enclosing the following documents:
• Your detailed Curriculum Vitae plus names and contacts of two referees.
• A one page (A4 size) explanation on (i) what motivated you to apply for the Position and (ii) how you think you can contribute to the enhancement of JICA activities in the country.
We will conduct writing and PC skill test for the successful candidates from the interviews.
Deadline of submission of Applications: 5th February, 2016
Remuneration: reasonable remuneration will be paid to the successful candidate.
NOTE: please note that JCA will contact only those candidates who will be shortlisted for interview. Those applicants who will not have been contacted by 12th February, 2016 should consider themselves as having been unsuccessful.
Kindly direct your applications/inquires to the following address:
Employment Team/Recruitment Team
General Affairs Section
JICA Tanzania Office
3rd Floor Barclays house, Ohio Street
DAR ES SALAAM
Source: Daily News 25th January, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793