SELOUS SAFARI COMPANYSelous Safari Company, an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting for various positions in their three camps in Southern Tanzania
• Siwandu, Selous Game Reserve
• Jongomero, Ruaha National Park
• Ras Kutani, south of Dar es Salaam
We expect all candidates to have the following skills and requirements
• Should be prepared to live for long periods in a remote safari camps or beach resort (accommodation, food and travel to place of recruitment is provided)
• Friendly, loyal, honest with impeccable current and relevant references
• Experience in safari camps and/or beach hotels For front of house positions We require fluent English; both speaking and written (other international Languages a plus) ,
The positions include
1. CAMP HOST & GUIDE
Camp Host Responsibilities
• Ensure guests have the best possible stay at camp; meet, greet and socialise with guests, look after alI their queries, action any requests and deal with all issues in a polite. friendly, helpful and responsible manner
• Along with the Camp Managers guarantee smooth running of the camp," especially front of house
• Experienced and certified a >driver and walking guide
• Professional in safety and hold full driving license
• Passionate about wildlife and hosting guests
• To lead tour guide team and guiding activities
• Reporting to and working with the Camp Managers, take accountability for all actions in camp, including employee relations and camp administration
• Assist in any other departments as and when required - have a can-do attitude and always be happy to help
• Higher learning certificate or university degree in area of expertise
• Fluent verbal and written English - other languages a plus
• Sound computer skills - knowledge of Res Request and Sage Pastel an advantage with the ability to compose clear emails in English
• Attention to detail
• Not less than 5 years' work experience in hospitality industry as a host or management level
2. Scullery (Assistant Chef)
• Must have knowledge/experience in cooking from a recognized institution.
3. Data Entry Clerk & Store man
• With experience in hotel/hospitality industry a plus but requires strong computer skills and attention to detail a must.
4. Waiters / Barmen
• Need solid experience from similar hotels and camps and must have strong customer service credentials.
5. Beach Waiter & Activity Attendant
• Bartender serving our guests on the beach, who also advises guests on activities on offer and helps “they prepare for them. Swimming is a requirement.
6. Driver & Walking Guides
• Knowledgeable, experienced and qualified driver and walking guides. Walking guides must have advanced rifle handling.
• Need solid experience from similar hotels and camps.
8. Full Mechanic
A qualified motor vehicle mechanic level 1 or 2 with the following experience
• Vehicle/car repair-land rover 110 ad Nissan
• Must have a driving licence
9. Security Guard
• Advanced shotgun handling qualification necessary with experience in the bush an advantage
How to Apply
Please submit a detailed CV with current, relevant references and certificates before 15th February 2016 to: email@example.com. Due to the number of applications we will not be able to reply to all applicants
- we will only contact you if you are successful.
Source: Mwananchi 27th January, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.