AMREF HEALTH AFRICA
Job Title: Project Manager-Tokomeza Ukeketaji Project
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is "to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems". Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDSITB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa with its partner Legal Human Right Centre (LHRC) have received funds from UN Women through the UN Trust Fund to implement a three year project on Female Genital Mutilation Elimination (Tokomeza Ukeketaji) in Serengeti district, Mara region.
Also, Amref Health Africa has received funding from the Government of Canada under "Partnership initiatives to Strengthen Maternal New- born and Child Health (PS-MNCH) in developing countries. This is a five year project to be implemented in two districts in Geita region (Geita DC and Nyang'wale).
Amref Health Africa has the following vacancies at country office and projects in Lake Zone 1
PROJECT MANAGER:-Tokomeza Ukeketaji Project; Based in Serengeti District, Mara Region
Reports to: Lake Zone Program Manager
Overall management and implementation of project activities in a specific project
Direct strategic technical assistant to the project and other implementing partners, under technical support of the programme manager- within Amref Health Africa implementation team in line with the National Sexual Reproductive Health Rights' policy, guidelines and standards
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
• Team up and work with project officers, program manager, and District teams and ground partners to build up a workable and scalable model for the Sexual Reproductive Health and rights project.
• Manage technical staff performance and development in focusing on results and to actively participate in results management in line with agreed results-based framework for the project
• Coordinate the team for timely compilation of technical information and projects reports for prompt reports submission to the programme manager.
• Coordinate and execute events under the office including meetings, workshops and gatherings related to project activities from the office as required
• Promote teamwork and encourage project teams and partners in owning the program and ensure quality provision of SRHR services through spearheading in monitoring the quality SRHR services delivery and documenting lessons for disseminating knowledge and best practices to the public.
• Take lead in performing in-depth project analysis and research/operation research for understanding and improving your sexual reproductive Health rights services in the community.
• In liaison with programme manager and other technical staff within Amref Health Africa, actively participate in programme development through idea notes development, proposal and manuscripts writing in line with Amref Health Africa strategic approaches.
• Lead technical teams in focusing on results and to actively participate in results management in line with agreed results-based framework for the project.
• Support the programme manager in adhering to operational regulations and the set standards for project management and financial procedures.
• Guide technical staff in identification and addressing health systems gaps and challenges among community sexual reproductive health rights structures that impact into communities' wellbeing.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Postgraduate degree in public health, community development, medicine and nursing, or related
• Two (2) years' or more experience in implementing community system intervention.
• Ability to work independently good leadership and communication skills
• Ability to work with people from all backgrounds.
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 hrs December 2nd 2015.
All correspondence should be directed through: firstname.lastname@example.org below to Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a 'non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.