KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Responsibility #1: Implementing the program initiative’s monitoring, evaluation, impact measurement, and reporting system
• Participate in developing or reviewing, in collaboration with program initiative’s team of staff and partners, program initiative’s monitoring and evaluation plan;
• Assist in program initiative’s monitoring and evaluation events such as baselines, mid-term reviews, final evaluation and specific studies involving the project;
• Acquiring and understanding monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement policies, standards and tools of donors, CARE Tanzania, and CARE International so as to use them in his/her work;
• Preparing monitoring reports as well as assisting his/her supervisor in preparing project’s quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports and keeping them for reflective purposes;
• Being conversant with CARE’s Program Quality Assessment Tool (PQAT) and participating in the program quality assessment events involving CA program initiative;
• Preparing and/or facilitating the preparation of the program initiative review and evaluation reports;
• Participate in the engagement of program initiative reviewers and evaluators, including writing their Terms of Reference (TOR) and providing them with the logistical support they need as carry out their contracted duties.
Job Responsibility #2: Implementing program initiative information and knowledge system;
• Developing or reviewing, in collaboration with program initiative team of staff and partners, the program initiative’s learning plan;
• Developing and maintaining program initiative’s database and updating it accordingly;
• Leading program initiative’s efforts to analyze and reflect on the data and information to determine the impacts it is making in the lives of its beneficiaries and for improved program initiative performance;
• Leading program initiative’s efforts to document challenges/obstacles and lessons and best practices it is learning, including their application for improved program initiative and organizational performance as well as ;
• Packaging and disseminating quality program initiative information to different audiences and for different purposes.
Job Responsibility #3: Supporting effective engagement of program initiative’s team of staff and partner in the monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Assist in facilitating forward accountability mechanisms to monitor our program quality and impact with those we work with.
• Participate in facilitating program initiative’s M&E training needs assessment as well as designing, in collaboration with other stakeholders, capacity building plans;
• Assist in facilitating capacity building events for program initiative team of staff and partners in accordance with the capacity building plans.
• Assisting program initiative team of staff and partners to track progress toward program initiative indicators and in developing and/or adapting monitoring tools such as questionnaires, recording forms, checklists and interview guides based on the monitoring and evaluation plan;
• Assisting and advising program initiative’s team of staff and partners in producing quality activity implementation reports.
Job Responsibility #5: Promote Gender Equality (including the following) All the time
• Practice a behavior that is consistent with CARE’s core values and promotion of gender and diversity goals;
• Collect data on gender related issues in program area;
• Carry out data analysis, interpretation of the gender related information, writing reports to inform on gender issues, and proposing appropriate interventions to address them
Job Responsibility #6: Perform Other Duties as Assigned including
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Excellence: Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; successfully completes assignments; sets standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed; ensures interactions and transactions are ethical and convey integrity.
• Respect: Behaves in a manner that reflects a true belief in and appreciation for the dignity and potential of all human beings. Gaining other people’s confidence and setting an environment of trust and openness.
• Diversity: Promotes, values and respects each individual’s unique qualities, background, race, culture, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives or interests; creates and maintains a work environment that promotes diversity.
• Integrity: Maintains social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adheres to codes of conduct and ethical principles inherent to CARE.
• Planning and Organizing: Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively in accordance with CARE’s core values.
• Communicating with Impact: Diplomatically, logically and clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the recipient / audience and helps them understand and retain their message.
• Adaptability: Effectively manages changing environments in the organization; maintains effectiveness when dealing with multiple and conflicting priorities across different cultural settings or during emergency and crisis situations.
• Initiating Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes decisive action to achieve goals in times of uncertainty or in fluid contexts; is proactive.
• Building Commitment: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
• Contribute to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team or work unit to move the team/unit toward the completion of shared goals.
• Bachelor in Development Studies, Social Science or related field; M&E courses will be an advantage.
• Masters in Development Studies, Social Science or related field; M&E courses will be an advantage.
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in a monitoring and evaluation role for a project or non-governmental organization;
• Strong prior experience with online data management, data collection, use of mobile data systems, logical framework, data analysis and presentation, report writings.
• At least 5 years in monitoring and evaluation related works, preferably working with a number of partners.
• Personal integrity living up to CARE Tanzania’s core values of commitment, accountability, respect, effectiveness and diversity;
• A high level of individual initiative, planning and good judgment. High competency in database and using/applying analytical software;
• Conversant with adult learning methodology with excellent ability to build capacity;
• Demonstrated ability to make judgment calls and decisions with respect to monitoring and evaluation activities, within delegated authority, that impact significantly;
• Strong decision making skills.
• Concentration, accuracy and attention to details are required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a fluent writing style and good knowledge and practical use of both English and Kiswahili
• Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite;
• Ensuring that gender and power dynamics related to procurement are taken into consideration;
• Ability to thrive in team environments, with a strong understanding of diversity and other cultures
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
• Applications must be received by CARE CoB Friday, 4 December 2015.
• Only a letter of application and CV without supporting documents such as certificates should be sent by email to The Human Resources Manager
Copies may be posted to
CARE International in Tanzania,
Dar es Salaam.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793