TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY (TANESCO)
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, and hardworking and committed individual to fill the under-mentioned position at Somanga Gas Plant, Kilwa.
Specific attributes for the positions to be filled:
• Demonstrate good performance track record,
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision,
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
• High Level of Interpersonal skills.
• Good Team player.
Job Title: Electronics/ICT Technician – 1 post
Reporting to: Maintenance Engineer
Reporting Office: Somanga Gas Plant
• Responsible for the execution of all electronics works and communication activities in the Gas Plant, with objective of ensuring smooth operations of the power generating equipment.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance; answer emergency and trouble calls; conduct routine inspections.
• Inspect and test electronic and communication systems to ascertain their condition and operation status.
• Install, maintain various types of telecommunication and supervisory equipment to include VHF, DC system, PLC, LAN, excitation system, fibres optic equipment, and phone systems under minimum supervision.
• To oversee timely ordering of spare parts.
• Adapt all safety regulations to meet specific operational requirements/circumstances and enforces all required safety regulations.
• Identify the source of a technical problem, repair or change the part in the Generator and/or communication network.
• Keep maintenance records, equipment status updating and observe reporting system to ensure a good database and communication system.
• Ensure proper system operations as per required standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Form IV or VI certificates
• Holder of full Technical Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or Diploma in ICT from recognized institution.
How to Apply
If you are a Tanzanian National and Interested in the position, you should apply by sending a brief application letter, giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references. Applications should be marked “private and confidential” and addressed to:
Somanga Gas Plant
Deadline: 2nd December, 2015
Source: Daily News 19th December, 2015
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793