ORGANIZATION FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (OCODE)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYTemeke, Njaro Sub -ward, House No. TMK/NJR/374, P.O. Box 12085 Dar es Salaam Tel: +255222863660; +255732920510; website: www.ocode.or.tz; E-mail: email@example.com
The Organization for Community Development (OCODE), established in 1999, registered 2003, complied with NGO Act of 2002 in 2011, implementing community development projects, is looking to recruit a highly motivated, dynamic and experienced individual to fill the position of Driver Mechanic to facilitate Organization day to day activities.
JOB TITLE: Driver Mechanic
DUTY STATION: Dar es Salaam
SCOPE OF THE JOB
• She/he has to assist OCODE staff to fulfill their mission of working by providing safe driving support and assistance to office and field work
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Suitable candidate should have valid and clean driving license (Class B, D or C).
• Aged not less than 30
• Must be English speaker (at least basic level)
• Must have a driving certificate from a recognized institution
• Must have mechanical skills
• At least 5 years driving experience (previous experience with NGOs is an advantage)
• Must know all traffic/road regulation and comply with them
• Must be available from 4th January, 2016
• Good knowledge about car mechanics
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
• Provide driver services for OCODE staff and consultants in Dar es Salaam and other project intervention areas when requested
• Ensure punctuality and safe driving
• Ensure the vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition all the time
• Ensure the vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks
• Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
• Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly
• Assist the Administrator Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and that the registration is updated according to schedule
HOW TO APPLY
• Applications in English must be sent through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The application must include Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (up to date, maximum 2 pages), and contact information of at least 3 references (email and phone number)
• Please do not send certificates and diplomas through e-mail: they will be requested only from preselected candidates.
• Please disclose your Salary expectations when applying for this Vacancy
• Closing date for Applications is Friday, December 4th, 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. OCODE will close the selection as soon as the selected candidate is chosen.
• Please, send us your application only if you met the mandatory qualifications and experiences mentioned above.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.